Nintendo 64 Hardest Level

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Absolute, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Absolute

Absolute Registered Member

What was the most challenging level you played?

Control on the hardest difficulty was extremely hard, trying to protect Natalya as she hacked the computer.. man, I thought it was impossible...

2. NewGamePlus

NewGamePlus Registered Member

Hardest normal level: Jungle.

Hardest level in the entire game: Aztec.

For both of these levels, it's a combination of difficulty and the burden of having to go through long boring periods of being careful and getting things just right before moving on. If you mess up in either of them you'll get slammed. And the end part of the Jungle is always hard nomatter how good you are.

If we were going on difficulty factor alone, then it would be Control and Egypt.

3. RossDude

RossDude Beep

Egypt? Egypt is very easy, at least for me. It can be hard figuring out the tile pattern in the Golden Gun room, but that is just trial and error. Once you know where to step, you can breeze through the whole level, even on 00 Agent.

I'd say the hardest level is Control. It wasn't too bad, as long as you took your time, until Natalya begins hacking. Protecting her is damn hard, with guards coming from every which way that take several shots to kill. Then you have to deal with infinitely spawning guards for the rest of the level.

4. NewGamePlus

To me, "hardest level" isn't about the level that's hardest just to get through. It's about the level you can get through while taking the LEAST amount of hits possible. So my method of determining the hardest level is the following:

Play every level trying to get through it without getting hit (or imagine yourself doing so)

Count up the number of hits each level took on you when you played it.

Identify the one that took the most life from you. And that's the hardest one.

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

The levels I had the most trouble with on 00 Agent were Train (just the very end), Control (it's a bitch protecting Natalya), Caverns (because of the lenth), and Aztec (the enemies seem to have crazy accuracy from really far away).

6. LilRed_

LilRed_ New Member

Aztec was hard. Wow....The Golden Gun room drove me nuts.

7. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I still have it memorized. It's up 2, left 2, up 3, left 3, up 2, left 2, straight. That might be a little confusing for you guys, but that's how I memorized it back in the day. Now I just run through it like it's nothing.

The hardest ones for me were Aztec, Jungle, and Control; Control was the hardest. I don't think I've ever beaten it on 00A

8. NewGamePlus

ick, ick, ick.... numbers, numbers, directions..... you memorized it like that???

I saw the pattern once in the strategy guide picture for the game and burned it into visual memory so I wouldn't have to count squares. Pretty reliable at the time.

9. GlodenBob788

GlodenBob788 Registered Member

Staute was a pain in the neck!!! I hated it,Hardest Normal:Citedal(Trying to find your way around) and Hardest Level:Control.

I got Citedal with a gameshark really badly done,lots of guards though.:nod:

10. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

No, I did the visual too. I can remember the number of squares, though.