• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hardest game you’ve finished?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
What would be the hardest game you’ve completed? Are there times when you almost quit because you just couldn’t finish a level, or get through an obstacle?

Twitch

Registered Member
Recently, Dying Light. At the beginning of the game you have crap weapons that take way too many hits to kill a normal zombie, you run out of stamina, the story wasn't great.. From what I've heard it gets a lot better/easier, but then I heard there were all these different types of zombies too.. Gonna be hard to get back into it.

When I was younger it was Zelda, specifically OoT. Maybe it was my crap fine motor skills but there were some parts I just could not beat. I finally did years later and was very proud of myself.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Well in terms of number of deaths, maybe Ori and the Blind Forest. I finished my first playthrough with over 400 deaths, though most of my deaths were concentrated in just a small handful of areas of the game. If the game weren't so fun, I probably would have gotten more frustrated with it and quit.

Zelda 2 took me 10-12 years to finish. Granted, I gave up on it and didn't play for many years before giving it another try, but that's a very unforgiving game, as are a lot of the NES games. Once you learn some of the tricks it's really not that hard, but watching someone play it for the first time is excruciating.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I can't think of a specific game that was super hard to beat on its own... but beating Resident 2 without saving added a super difficult wrinkle.

If a game gets TOO hard I usually just bail. I'm not ashamed to admit that. Haha.