• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Discuss Hardest class in school?

What was the hardest for you?

• Language A

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Language B

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mathematics

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Science

• Art

• History/Social Studies

• Physical Education

• Music & Performing Arts

• Technology

• Other

• Total voters

dDave

V.I.P.
We all have had struggles in education I'm sure. What was the worst one for you?

One thing that you jokingly call the "bane of my existence" would be math. The classes always go at a quick pace, lots of material will go right over my head, and it really builds on top of itself to form an insurmountable obstacle for me.

I'm in calculus right now and while I can honestly say that I'm getting it so far, I'm afraid the class will really pick up and progress into something I can't handle. I've already tried this class once before and it didn't work out so well. I have a different professor this time around though.

I really wanted to go with Language B, Spanish in my case, but I honestly believe I've had a much more long term and difficult struggle with Math. Doesn't change the fact that I was so bad at Spanish the teacher once asked me a question and then laughed at me in front of the whole class because she just couldn't handle how terrible I was :lol:.

So, vote in the poll generally for which subject was the hardest one for you but in your post feel free to really elaborate.

Last edited:

Taliesin

Registered Member
While I was also terrible at Manual Arts, Home Economics and Physical Education, Math was the worst for me. I literally could not make sense of anything beyond basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. I bombed hard when I tried to do a term in Advanced Mathematics in high school (at my teacher's insistence). It was a humiliating experience and so I ended up doing Remedial Math for the rest of my time there.

I kept botching cooking and sewing lessons in Home Ec quite badly. I was hopeless with woodwork and metalwork in Manual Arts. And I don't wanna know about Phys Ed. I always at the bottom of the class in these, so it's kind of a miracle that I got such an outrageously high exit score when I finished high school. How I managed that I'll never know.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Biology was the worst for me with math and science following. My math grade bothered me so bad I took a algebra course in college and aced it. Don't know why I had such a hard time in high school with it. May of had something to do with the teacher and in college I had help at home when I needed it where I didn't in high school.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I went with science, but my initial thought was math. Ultimately though, I could do basic math in school, enough to pass each test and exam. Science though was really hard for me and my brain just couldn't get it. I wish I did better in science though. I regret not taking it to my final year, because I actually love science.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I struggled greatly with more advanced math. The rest was pretty easy for me.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I assume "Language A" means primary language as opposed to foreign language, so that's what I voted for in the poll. English classes were always the most difficult for me. I've never been great at reading, writing, or speaking, and as a result I just never enjoyed doing those things for school.

I'm great at math and science, so it's a little surprising to see everyone voting for those things.

How can physical education be difficult? The standard P.E. classes at my school graded us based only on attendance. The only way you could get points deducted was for not showing up or not dressing.

dDave

V.I.P.
I assume "Language A" means primary language as opposed to foreign language, so that's what I voted for in the poll. English classes were always the most difficult for me. I've never been great at reading, writing, or speaking, and as a result I just never enjoyed doing those things for school.

I'm great at math and science, so it's a little surprising to see everyone voting for those things.

How can physical education be difficult? The standard P.E. classes at my school graded us based only on attendance. The only way you could get points deducted was for not showing up or not dressing.
Yeah, in our case Language A is English. Language B would be French for you (I remember you saying that's what you took in school).

We're on an international forum so I thought it'd be best to use terms that can apply to everyone regardless of native language. Might be rough for Canadians who natively speak English and French :lol:.

Taliesin

Registered Member
They graded us for more than attendance and dress code, believe me. :D

TyAnne

Registered Member
Wait a minute, is everyone forgetting that Chemistry exists? I remember that being absolutely savage. At least you can learn the basics of Maths.

Maths - 4 x 5 = 20

Chemistry - s2 + s2 + s3 + p2 = ?????? (and I'm confident I didn't even remember that correctly)

Taliesin

Registered Member
^ Thankfully I never had to do chemistry. I don't think I would have survived that.