Hardest Book You've Ever Read

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I'd go with Charolette Bronte's Jane Eyre. I dunno why, but I found it difficult to understand what was going on in there. I re-read every chapter two or three times until I finally got what was going on. And it wasn't even that long of a book, by the way :shake:

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco. That must have taken me 6 months to finish.

I would say Moby Dick, but I never finished it.

Puck

Registered Member
Wicked by Gregory Maguire
Which is sad because I know it's a great book. I think I just had so much trouble with it because it was my morning book. And reading that first thing in the morning with an hour bus ride ahead of me wasn't a great plan. If I tried re-reading it, I'm sure I'd be fine.

Other than that though, I don't think I've ever really had difficulty with a book.

Shwa

Gay As Fuck
V.I.P.
Dante's Inferno/The Divine Comedy

Translating from olden english to modern day trnaslation was more difficult and time consuming, but I like the challenge.

~Shwa

Corona

Registered Member
A Tale of Two Cities. Because it was so damn boring until the last chapter.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
As Shwa stated. The Inferno by Dante Alighieri.

The book is divided into not chapters but rather Cantos (which translates to "song") it was ridiculously hard to read and I'm so glad I never have to read it again, the plot was hardly what I'd call exciting or captivating and on top of that it was impossible to understand.

I wouldn't consider any book hard to read. The one that took me the longest, Under The Dome, which I am still trying to get through. Not because it's bad, just haven't found the time.