Hardcore Holly released

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Pwinsider.com

I commend Holly for his years of service but I never really liked him. I wont lose sleep.

AFTER 15 YEARS, WWE RELEASES VETERAN PERFORMER
by text
@ 7:14 PM on 1/16/2009

Bob Holly, who had been with World Wrestling Entertainment since 1994 (remember Thurmann "Sparky" Plugg, the race car driver?) was officially released today by the company in their latest talent cost cutting.

Holly had not been seen on camera since he and Cody Rhodes lost the WWE World Tag Team belts to Ted DiBiase....and Cody Rhodes when Rhodes turned on Holly in June 2008 at the Night of Champions PPV. There was a backstage incident shortly after that led WWE to send Holly home to deal with some personal issues. He never worked another match for the company but had been kept under contract and listed as a talent moved during the most recent Draft.

Holly had been dealing with several health issues in recent years including a bad staph infection that led to fears his career was over, but he did eventually return in 2006.

Beyond the Tag Team titles, which he held three times with different partners, Holly may be best remembered for feuding with his late "cousin" Crash Holly (Mike Lockwood) and for holding the WWF Hardcore title, including a memorable feud with Al Snow. Holly held the Hardcore belt six times.

Unlike several recent releases this week, WWE did acknowledge Holly's departure.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
The problem with Holly was that he was a bully but he wasnt as over with management as Bradshaw is haha

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I saw this coming, he hasn't been in the ring for quite some time, and hes fighting an addition. I wish him all the best, but I was never a fan of his so I wont miss him all that much.

I'm with millz, I was also never a fan of him and I just flat out didn't like anything he did. He reminds me of Finlay and I don't like Finlay either. >.<;

As for the real life stuff, I do wish him the best in whatever he does next.

Unity

Jedi Mind Tricks
Staff member
The problem with Holly was that he was a bully but he wasnt as over with management as Bradshaw is haha
I agree...I appreciate his years but I've always gotten the impression that he's a jackass.

Ryuk

Registered Member
Also forgot to post this, but Ron Simmons was also released a few days back.

I'm sure he had one thing to say on his way out.

Also forgot to post this, but Ron Simmons was also released a few days back.

I'm sure he had one thing to say on his way out.
Yeah...:

Ron Simmons: Fiddlesticks! o_o

The thing with releasing Ron is, that, he could've just teamed up with JBL again to have another go round with the APA. Was Ron too injured? Was that why he just went around saying his key line whenever he was on the TV? If not, then WWE missed out on this. Heck, this would've been another opportunity to put back another old tag team for one last round.

Last edited:

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm sure that's just what JBL wants...to team with Ron frickin Simmons again haha.

I'd say he's content with wrestling John Cena for the World title :)

Unity

Jedi Mind Tricks
Staff member
I'm sure that's just what JBL wants...to team with Ron frickin Simmons again haha.

I'd say he's content with wrestling John Cena for the World title :)
JBL is definitely in the spot of his career, but I would of still loved for at some point him to turn face, grow out the moustache and black hair, and be in the main event with Ron as his manager. APA rules. :) I know his current heel persona is incredible, but I'd still love to see that.

By the way, Ron Simmons saying "Fiddlesticks" made me crack up viLKy! :nod: