• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hard To Believe, No Telephones

Dabs

Registered Member
I would live there too, at least for a bit. I wouldn't live there for the rest of my life. Bet it is rather nice there.
Yes it does seem nice......but boring.
If one was into the internet and video games....any kind of outdoor sports.....or something like just cruisin thru town......they'd be shit outta luck!
Maybe just drop in for a small vacation..or just a quick look-see?? :)

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
They have electricity. I could still play video games, just not not online.

Dekzper

Registered Member
Omg! :shocked: Phone poles grow like weeds! Did someone forget to water them!? Well, I'd def like to check that place out. Maybe for 15 minutes cause i really dont see how life could even exist without internet! :shake: Do they live in houses or caves? Only 200 people? Are they all related? That's gotta be a really small town. I needa check Google Earth 4 sure!

Bananas

Endangered Species
Whos job is it to provide telephones in California anyway?

I mean if there is no incentive for a commercial enterprise to plug the town in it would not surprise me if this town is not alone. I know electricty coverage was a part of the New Deal program but what about telephones?

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Ohmigosh...not me!!
Most of the people I saw on the news, were real 'countrified'...for lack of a better word :lol:
It probably is quiet.....and cozy is not quite the word I would use.
Countrified? I'm assuming you just mean people who have no use for such things as the internet and constantly being on the phone and prefer to just live a more simple life and not give a warm bucket of gorilla piss who wins the next Survivor and not something insulting just because they're "different".

Dabs

Registered Member
Countrified? I'm assuming you just mean people who have no use for such things as the internet and constantly being on the phone and prefer to just live a more simple life and not give a warm bucket of gorilla piss who wins the next Survivor and not something insulting just because they're "different".

No, countrified as in..making their own lye soap...have you ever smelled that crap??
I wouldn't wash a dog with it, let alone myself :lol:
And....still doing laundry on a washboard or in one of those ringer style washers.
Countrified as in.....(because some had no electricity)..outhouses.
This was on the CNN and HLN News last week....on the Morning Express Show with Robin Meade as well as the Prime Time News Team.
One of the elderly women the news had interviewed, is the owner of a country store, located there in Iowa City.
They are an unincorporated town.....
In law, an unincorporated area is a region of land that is not a part of any municipality...therefore, kind of on their own.
The lady said nobody never really gave it much thought....when asked about keeping up with the times.
She also said that everyone does indeed know everyone else.
I call it 'countrified'...but I don't in any way mean it as a means of disrespect towards any group of people.
Yep...they're different.
But the northern folks are called Yankees.......the southern folks are called Rebels......and if we have both in us, we are damn Yankees!
And btw, I don't give a rat's ass about Survivor either :lol: