Xbox 360 hard drive help!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by xcfhxsfxblsx, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xcfhxsfxblsx

xcfhxsfxblsx Registered Member

i need as much help as i can get on hard drive info.....on a xbox 360, can you use an external hard, like a hard drive that plugs into the usb port, to copy complete games onto?.....will the 360 recognize an external hard drive? anything would be appreciated....thanks

2. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Nope, it's impossible. It's a completely different type of formatting than a regular hard drive and the 360 would never even know it was there.

3. xcfhxsfxblsx

well, would any type of notebook hard drive work?....what do you suggest?

4. Doc

Like I said, it's damn near impossible. I say that, because you obviously have no software experience and would need to write a complicated program to not only read from the 360 hard drive, but translate the data into a Windows or Linux recognizable format. You don't know how to do that. It's also illegal since the 360 uses a proprietary file system and it's illegal to reverse engineer it.

There's no difference between a regular hard drive and a notebook hard drive other than size and I/O cables, if there are even any I/O cables on the notebook hard drive. This just furthers the fact that I know you don't know jack about this particular problem.

5. xcfhxsfxblsx

lmao aight....didnt hafta be a douche about it, I obviously knew I didn't know jack about this problem or I would even be on this forum?? all I wanted was a @#&*%[email protected] answer, ass

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2007
  6. Doc

Reason number two you were banned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.