• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Happy trails, Eric Young

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Eric Young has reportedly parted ways with TNA Wrestling after his contract expired late last month and the two sides couldn't come to terms on a new agreement.

Young was reportedly offered a significant pay cut, but declined. There is a chance he may return as both sides are currently negotiating.

Young's departure surprised and saddened a lot of employees at last night's iMPACT! taping in Orlando, Florida as many viewed him as a "company guy."
He had been partnering with Orlando Jordan in recent months in a comedy tag team.
Source: Rajah.com

I enjoyed Eric Young's new gimmick and thought it was working but i guess TNA didn't want to have to pay him.

It sucks to see him go...not that long ago he was on top of the world with his stable and now he's history.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Never was a huge fan of Young to be honest, he has some wrestling skills, but I don't consider him anything special. I wonder if the WWE are going to give him a look. In my opinion though, he'll either go back to TNA or sign with ROH.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
He's definitely a "company guy," this reminds me of when guys like Petey Williams were let go. BS move by TNA; I hope the part about negotiation works out and he returns.

He's been hilarious lately, maybe even more than Santino ;), and when he had gone into a serious heel he was doing great. He's really talented in the ring, underrated by most people.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
To update....

Eric Young has re-signed with TNA after taking what they are calling a significant pay cut.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
To update....

Eric Young has re-signed with TNA after taking what they are calling a significant pay cut.
Thank God...it's bullshit that he's taking such a pay cut, but I can understand with the bigger names that have come in (and any more signings in the coming months that they're already planning). Still, he's one of the bedrock members of TNA. He deserves that same pay. He's hilarious in his current role, but I really liked when they started taking him (and his in-ring talent) more seriously with World Elite. I wish he was a part of Fortune, to be honest. You want funds? Fire Orlando Jordan.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Millz Birthdays 1
CaptainObvious Birthdays 7
Millz Wrestling 0
Millz Wrestling 5
Mirage Bathroom Wall 14