• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Awesome Happy Independence Day!

dDave

V.I.P.
It's that time of year again.

The day that we celebrate our Independence Day, originally in 1776.

Anyone doing anything today? I know barbecues are standard, I'm certainly having one (beer included this year). Unfortunately, it's raining pretty hard and I don't think we'll be able to be outside much.

Here's the real question. Do I want to continue the tradition of watching The Lion King on the 4th of July (hey, don't judge me ;)) or move to something else more standard?

Anyway, here's some history about our declaration of independence... Actually kind of interesting. I had no idea John Adams and Thomas Jefferson both died on the 4th of July and both in 1826

Thomas Jefferson and John Adams die — History.com This Day in History — 7/4/1826

Happy 4th everyone! Make it a good one.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Happy 4th everyone.

I did the barbeque thing and homemade ice cream today and boy I'm tired.

My husband on his mothers side are related to John Adams.

Watch what you feel like watching.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I had a pretty relaxed day. Watched some World Cup, did some grilling, hung out with the fam, and watched some fireworks from the front porch. I wish I were out camping. The weather would have been perfect for it. But it was still a good day.

Also, what is this thread doing in Outdoors?

dDave

V.I.P.
I had a pretty relaxed day. Watched some World Cup, did some grilling, hung out with the fam, and watched some fireworks from the front porch. I wish I were out camping. The weather would have been perfect for it. But it was still a good day.

Also, what is this thread doing in Outdoors?
I figured outdoors would fit because people hang out outdoors, go to parades, have outdoor barbecues, watch fireworks outside, etc. on Independence Day. Maybe that's a bad justification :lol:

Camping here would have been miserable. It rained for most of the day here. Luckily it stopped raining in time for fireworks. I got up on the roof and watched the show they did at a local sports club. Not the best fireworks I've seen but also not bad.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Happy 4th! :D We saw some of the parade and had a huge BBQ picnic out by the lake before we hit the waterpark. Then we went to one of the firework shows and it was massive! Tons of hardcore explosions and colors. There were lots of sprays and the huge bursts had lots of sparkles. It was amazing! The final fireworks lit up the whole park!
4th of July FTW!

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
I managed to watch The Patriot (with Mel Gibson) as well as The Lion King with all the time I had yesterday.

After working a very slow shift I got home and barbecued, wrote, and watched movies. All in all, I'd call it a great day.

Happy 4th! :D We saw some of the parade and had a huge BBQ picnic out by the lake before we hit the waterpark. Then we went to one of the firework shows and it was massive! Tons of hardcore explosions and colors. There were lots of sprays and the huge bursts had lots of sparkles. It was amazing! The final fireworks lit up the whole park!
4th of July FTW!
I wish I was there for that. It's been years since I've seen a truly fantastic fireworks show. It's just not something people out here go crazy for, probably has something to do with the risk of fire.

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I haven't been to a fireworks show in a long time. I use to go to some fantastic ones at the lake.

They had one in town last night and I really should have went.