• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving Eh!

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's right, today is Thanksgiving in Canada eh? Have a good one eh?

So Canadians, what are your Thanksgiving traditions and what will you to today eh?

Dabs

Registered Member
Here in the states, it is Columbus Day.
All of our banks, the post office and all governmental offices were closed.....BUT....school was still in.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Yeah, Columbus Day sucks, I didn't even know that today was a holiday, thanks to this thread I am hungry for some turkey.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Me and my family never really celebrated Thanksgiving to be honest with you. I went to a friends house and had dinner there. I'm thankful for having the day off.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Me and my family never really celebrated Thanksgiving to be honest with you. I went to a friends house and had dinner there. I'm thankful for having the day off.
What are some traditions that Candadiens do for Thanksgiving? Do they eat turkey? What do you guys do if you did celebrate it?

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
We call it Columbus Day, eh. Nothing special, but we get the day off, eh.

REAL Thanksgiving is a month away, eh.

Jupiter

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving. Canadians do eat Turkey, I ate Turkey for the first time in many years this thanksgiving. Delicious!

:)

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
What are some traditions that Candadiens do for Thanksgiving? Do they eat turkey? What do you guys do if you did celebrate it?
Pretty much the same thing Americans do on their Thanksgiving. They eat Turkey, Stuffing, Mash Potatoes and that whole "shablam"

Football is pretty huge that day too, CFL though, not the NFL. I personally don't watch it because I believe it's boring Football.

Livvy

Registered Member
Canadian Thanksgiving is great - it's before Halloween so you can decorate and be all spooky and stuff - at least that's our family tradition. Our traditions I'd say are similar to yours. Dinner with family and friends, enjoying the fall colours and being thankful for what you have. Happy Thanksgiving!

Puck

Registered Member
I didn't see this thread until today!
Thanks Brix. :)

Anyway, we just did the traditional family dinner with turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie. <3
The weather was really great too, so all in all it was a really nice long weekend.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Millz Birthdays 1
CaptainObvious Birthdays 7
Doc Birthdays 7
Doc Birthdays 9
TGirl General Discussion 2