Happy B-Day to me lol

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SamusAran86, Sep 11, 2003.

1. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

well Im posting this a day late cause I have been extreemely busy lately.

Yesterday the 10th was my 26th birthday. I didnt do much because my wife had work and physical therapy (she went back to work Aug. 30) cept that we went out to dinner at Applebee's.

But my moms B-day present was cool. My Mom, Wife and I went to see Weird Al on Spet. 4 at the Dodge Theater in Phoenix.
    I must say, I wouldnt mind paying to see him a few more times.

He started off the show with the Angry White Boy Polka.
    Did a mix and match from albums. including: (in no perticular order)

Eat It
    Theme From Rocky XIII
    My Bologna
    Money For Nothing/Beverly Hillbillies
    Fat
    Dog Eat Dog (Costume)
    Melanie
    One More Minute (Costume, gave away a scarf and boxers)
    Smells Like Nirvana (costume, spit/threw water into crowd)
    Arline Amy
    Jurassic Park
    Amaish Paradise (costume)
    Gump
    Its All About The Pentiums (costume)
    Jerry Springer
    Trash Day (costume)
    Party At the Leper Colony
    Couch Potato (costume)
    Wanna B UR Lovr
    A Complicated Song
    Ebay
    Bob
    Ode To A Superhero (al played accordian/ stagehand held harmonica up to al's mouth)

For the Encore, Al did The Saga Begins and Yoda in Full Jedi costume. It was a killer show. The energy he used up on that stage (even going into the crowd several times) was amazing. it sounds funny but he was jamming out on that accordian, at one point he throws one leg onto the shoulder of the bass player, then after that start rolling aroung on the stage (along with the guitar and bass players) in a choreographed manuver

Inbetween songs when he had to change costume, 3 screens would drop down on stage and it would show spliced interviews with (Eminem, Celiene Dion, Avril Lavigne, Justin Timberlake) or show stuff from UHF or other music videos Al has done usually leading up to a Costumed Parody. Al Made those 4 i listed look like complete idiots. Made Eminem sound like he was coming on to Al saying he (eminem) likes gay men. and of course that led to talk about the music video that he wouldnt let Al make which led to Al doing Couch Potato in costume

My only problem with the concert. I had 4 drunks sitting in the row in front of us. these drunk bastards sometimes wouldnt sit there asses down. or would laugh at shit that wasnt even funny ( I wanted to beat the asshole sitting in front of me because I couldnt see Al )

I think I may have forgotten a few songs because Al did a 5 song compilation, where he only sang parts of songs, but strung them all together.

2. Pianobone

Pianobone Registered Member

Drunks always ruin things, man. Sorry to hear about that, but sounds like you had a good time. It's odd, because with Weird Al, you don't have to be drunk to find it funny. If you need some hooch to make Al seem funny to you, then you're messed up to begin with.

3. Stargun007

Stargun007 Registered Member

That was a clip from the Al TV special he did a few months back when Poodle Hat came out. In fact, all of the other interviews you mentioned were, too. Sounds like a cool concert. I saw him in concert a few years ago, and it was awesome.

4. starfx6464

starfx6464 Awesome

Well, I'm jealous. Sounds like it was a lot of fun.

Oh, and happy belated birthday. :D

5. Misao

Misao Registered Member

happy bday samus. dang i didn't know u were THAT old. lol j/k

6. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

Thanks everyone

Never saw that special, but your not the first one to say that to me about the video's he showed between songs.