Happy 4th of July

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dragon, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I hope everyone has a nice 4th of July!

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

You beat me to it!

I would also like to wish everybody a happy Independence Day. Don't lose any fingers to fireworks. I know a younger kid who blew off part of half of his thumb and index finger on his right hand last year in a mishap of somesort involving fireworks. :(

Be careful and drive safe! I just found out recently that the 4th of July has the most traffic fatalities of any day of the year in the US. :(

I would also like to take my hat off to all of the soldiers serving in the military right now. Regardless of your position on the current war, I feel that we can all agree that they are heroes and deserve to be honored for their acts of patriotism.

Happy 4th everyone! :D

3. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Hi all and Happy 4th !!!!! [​IMG]
    Hope you all are haveing fun..:) We are haveing a Blast over here.
    It's so nice to be back in the south for the fourth....

Have you all noticed that as soon as the sun goes down all the degenerates with lighters and fireworks come out?
    We have been enjoying their nightly light shows and Fireworks displays..

I thought it would be fun to add two of my lasers to the fun!!!
    Tonight I'm gonna try to make the Bat symbol and other images in the smoke.:D
    I'll take pics if it works...

Have a happy 4th and be safe all....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2006
  4. Mirage

That sounds awesome Night. Definitely want to see pics if the bat symbol works. :D

5. Nightsurfer

Well I hope you all had as much fun as we did :D ..

As for the laser idea, no dice there was way too much wind..
    Kept blowing away all the smoke. But we did manage to turn night time to day with all the pyro stuff that we did along with the fireworks..

Confutious say: Never allow pyros with advanced degrees in chemistry degrees to play with fireworks :nod: :lol: :D

Have a good one and see ya next time......

6. Mirage

And do you HAVE a degree in chemistry of some sort, let alone an ADVANCED degree? If so then TAKE PICS for sure next time! :D

7. Nightsurfer

Andrew the answer you seek is yes...I have degrees in Chemistry, Robotics and Lasers. That's how I got into the toy and prop makeing..
    I am a science geek in the disguise of a surfer...

I was big into the science back in the day..Did the whole Working for Uncle Sam thing...
    I'm glad that I don't work for them anymore..:nod: I hated being a lab rat..:mad:

So now I make toys and props and the occasional Fireworks shows :D

Like I said I was a geek in a former lifetime...

Last edited: Jul 6, 2006
  8. Mirage

So you make your own fireworks? What are some of the coolest ones you've made? Ever attempted a bad symbol fireworks show? :D

I've seen smiley faces recently, so I don't see why a bat symbol couldn't be done. :)

9. Nightsurfer

Yes we make our own...I have no clue as to how to make a bat symbol out of fireworks..I wish I did..Then I would be famous..:lol:

Gonna have to look into that..:nod:

On a another note I have almost got the black laser to work..
    If it does I will be the first to tag the moon..:-o ( not permnately ). The first program I will run is the bat symbol..(That is one of the laser programs that we tried on the fourth ....Still working out the bugs..
    I plan to test it on the next full moon..:D