Hannity Waterboarded for $1,000 a Second?

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Mirage, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm not sure if anything will become of this but Keith Olbermann has challenged Sean Hannity to be waterboarded (As Hannity said he would on his own show, perhaps joking). Olbermann has put up $1,000 a second for charity for each second that Hannity lasts.

YouTube - Keith Olbermann: $$ To Charity For Sean Hannity's Waterboarding

We will see if anything comes of this.

I don't know about you guys but for $1,000 a second I would try to last quite a while. :lol:

Christopher Hitchens tried this himself recently and only lasted a second or two:

YouTube - Christopher Hitchens Gets Waterboarded

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009

2. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

Guess Olbermann would try anything to get ratings, huh?:D

Seriously, I would do that for $1,000 a second, why not?

3. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

Olbermann is so full of hate, he doesn't even realize what a poor choice this is for him.

First, Hannity will take the challenge. I don't know much about Hannity, but I know he's passionate about his charity. Second, this could end the debate. If Hannity goes 30-40 seconds he can come out of it and say, yeah it was tough, but there's no way it was torture. What if he goes 100 seconds? As passionate as he is about the charity it wouldn't surprise me. Not only would that kill the its torture debate, it would make a serious blow to Olbermann.

4. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

He won't make it 100 seconds, or even 30. My room mates took it upon themselves to see just how bad waterboarding is, and I think the longest either of them made it was three seconds. Waterboarding isn't exactly a walk in the park, which is why it's used as an interrogation tactic. I highly doubt that Sean Hannity is in better physical state.

If he takes the challenge, it will be interesting to see to say the least. Those that hate him will probably find it infinitely hilarious, and then the other side will be able to lambaste them for 'supporting torture' or some shit. This would be a total lose-lose situation if it weren't for the charity aspect, and even then it's still pretty sketchy in my mind.

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Personally I hope he does it. It would be particularly nice if he lasted quite a while.

CIA agents only lasted about 14 seconds though according to this website on the subject:

How To Do It | waterboarding.org

6. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

His "Worst Person" segment makes very small and petty.

7. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

I will actually admit that Hannity is useful for something if he goes through with this and makes it to at least 5 seconds.