Hang onto your hats!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fairyquadmother, Jun 8, 2005.

1. fairyquadmother

fairyquadmother Registered Member

Here in NW MO, the sky is scary yellow/orange Very deep gold. I've always been told it's a preface to hail/tornadoes. We're in a tornado watch. It's CREEPY!

KC is about to be hit big with "stuff". ARGH.

Basement ... Check.

AngelsPeak likes this.

2. 1_ares_1

1_ares_1 Registered Member

Is this the norm for you Lana? or are you new there? Have you been through this kind of thing before?

AngelsPeak likes this.
  3. doubles2004

doubles2004 Registered Member

Wow ...Wish i was there to see it ..I love bad weather...

Hope you get through it with no problems.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2005
  4. fairyquadmother

I'm in the middle of tornado alley (well, actually upper part), so tornadoes are annual events. A week or so ago, we had some just about 20 miles south of us. Really, to the point of not being scared.

When I was about 9, we had REALLY BAD tornadoes one year. In fact, my county had 17 in it at one time, and from my front yard, I could see 3. That was scary. There was 43 in southwest Iowa. One town, about 15 miles from where I live now was flattened.

When I was about 3-4, my tiny town was hit hard by a tornado. Every single house was damaged. The roof of our house lifted and set back down. I don't remember the storm, but I remember running HARD to the neighbors house and everyone being super scared.

Here's a couple pics from my front yard.

Attached Files:

5. doubles2004

doubles2004 Registered Member

Looks like the storm is brewing...Sure is a pretty sky though In the pics..

6. fairyquadmother

it was pretty, there's some sunset in there too, right before that the sky was verrrrry gold.

7. Mina

Mina Registered Member

The sky is just beautiful in those pic's... I love storms, and really don't think I'd mind experencing a tornato, but wouldn't want to do it all the time.

AngelsPeak likes this.
  8. TGirl

TGirl Registered Member

<~~~~ hides under bed, but peaks out because she does love the thrill of a good storm...but I am scared for you

AngelsPeak likes this.
  9. fairyquadmother

not even rain yet, but I did feel a cool breeze rush through the house. It's been muggy all day today.

Lots of lightning so far. :)
    I don't think were gonna get a 'nader.

10. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

We've been under either a tornado watch or a severe thunderstorm warning/watch since last Fri night. Today was the first day in the clear. Guess it's off and on thru the weekend at least. One night.....Sat I think? I had the kid up freeking out until sun-up. That was fun! No clue why since she's never been bothered by storms before. Then again the wind was bad and blowing rain right toward her bedroom windows. Had no spring. We went right to a late summer from COLD! Been mid to high 80's during the day and even now at almost midnight it's 73 and HUMID! Isn't this fun????

Hope you stay safe and are right that no 'naders are gonna get ya!

We didn't get any prettys like you did....but we did have a rainbow one day.

AngelsPeak likes this.