Handling Hypothetical Situations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ysabel, Jul 21, 2008.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I have observed it sometimes in rl and the internet. Someone asks, "Assuming/If xxxx is that, would you...."

And the people, instead of dealing with the hypothetical, would answer "But xxx isn't that." :sigh:

Do you have trouble answering hypothetical questions, especially if the hypothetical is something that opposes your beliefs (and that you cannot imagine to be possible)?

2. The_Burger_King

The_Burger_King Registered Member

I personally do not have a problem answering a hypothetical question, and for the ones who say well xxx isnt that, are just scared to answer and that is te quick way out. There is nothing wrong in my opinion with opening your mind to a situation and thinking about it in a hypothetical sense, just because you answer it doesnt make it so.

3. EndWinterRomance

EndWinterRomance PREGGERS

i usually argue it just to be difficult but no i can answer hypothetical questions no problem.... i just usually choose not to

4. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I love replying to hypothetical situations. I think the fact that they aren't real leaves more room for the mind to be creative.

5. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I'd like to think I don't, considering I ask them all~l the time.

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Maybe it's that then. Some people just don't have enough creativity to deal with it.

7. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Depends on the question I guess. I have argued some to no end in site and others I have run off with thinking of things.

8. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I like to answer them for the fact that I know my answer really has no significance. that way I can just answer anyway I like, no matter how silly or deep.

9. Rectify88

Rectify88 Registered Member

I like when the the phrase Assuming if comes out. When that's said I put that in front of my thought process. I actually think of the situation the that assumption made. Your still answering the question, and you can't be held accountable on how the situation turns out.

10. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

Is this a hypothetical question? Cos I'm not sure I can answer it :lol:

In all seriousness I enjoy answering these types of questions.