Xbox Brand Halo Reach vids

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Major, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Forge

YouTube - Halo: Reach - Vidoc 3: Forge World

The architect in me is really excited about the new forge. Forge was really limited and extremely difficult to use in Halo 3, so this looks like a HUGE improvement with endless possibilities.

Reflection, Zealot, Spire previews

YouTube - Halo: Reach - Multiplayer Maps (Ivory Tower, Midship)

Reflection is the Ivory Tower remake and Zealot is a Midship/Heretic inspired map, which looks horrible.

5 minute gameplay vid of Reflection
    YouTube - Halo: Reach Multiplayer Match on Reflection (Ivory Tower!) (Gameplay)

Really looks like a perfect remake of Ivory Tower. I love how bright it is. This video shows how stupid armor lock is though.

2. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm not much for making maps and things like that. I would suck really hard at it. I'm not that creative. I'll play on what you make, though!

3. Gavik

Gavik Registered Member

I came.

Just another reason why Reach will be great. A fantastic ending to a legendary series.
    ------
    I came.

Just another reason why Reach will be great. A fantastic ending to a legendary series.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  4. Mihael_langley

Mihael_langley Formerly "Maikeru"

Never thought i'd say this but i wish i had a 360 now.

AnitaKnapp likes this.
  5. Major

Here's another gameplay vid. This one is on the Ascension (Halo 2) remake called Pinnacle.

YouTube - Halo: Reach Multiplayer Match on Pinnacle (Ascension Remake) Gameplay

I always hated this map in Halo 2, but mostly because of the imbalance of the weapon placements, not to mention the banshee. I have to admit, this one looks pretty sick if it's balanced correctly and there's no banshee.
    ------
    And this is Zealot, the so-called Midship inspired map.

YouTube - Halo: Reach Multiplayer Match on Zealot (Gameplay)

This map is nothing like Midship except that it's Covenant-themed and circular. The layout seems a lot more like Assembly. Seems like a pretty crappy map. I don't like all the lifts and everything.

Also, I think they went way overboard with the medals and announcer calls. First Strike? Please.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  6. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

This is an example of Halo and CoD borrowing from each other. CoD borrowed double, triple, and higher kills from Halo. MW2 gives a small points boost for getting the first kill.

7. Duzaman

Duzaman New Member

Looks super sweet. The thing Im excited for is when everybody starts forging and comes up with awesome new custom games, just like in Halo 3, only better.

8. Major

Here's some Firefight footage. This looks like a lot of fun with all snipers. I guess you can customize the weapons and enemies and stuff, which should give it more replay value than the ODST Firefight mode.

YouTube - Halo Reach :: Five Minute Firefight 2

9. JodieB

JodieB Registered Member

10. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

The firefight video looks cool. Wish I could have seen other maps though. Not sure I like the look of that one, myself.