• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Xbox Brand Halo Reach Beta Discussion

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
The Beta went live about a couple of hours ago to the public.

If you purchased ODST you can participate in the Beta or if you were invited by Bungie.

This thread is for discussion of the Beta, what you like, dislike, glitches and so forth.

It took me roughly an hour to download and it takes up 1.2 gigs of hard drive space.

So far the matchmaking playlists haven't loaded for either me or Vegito so we have yet to play a game.

We already discovered one glitch, the colors to our characters don't save.

Edit: The Beta goes for 2 to 3 weeks.

Last edited:

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I'll be downloading this once I get home. I've been looking foreward to this. Should be a good time.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I'm going to try to download it when I get home from work...hopefully I'm not banned from the beta. lol

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I have only played one game so far. The server and matchmaking frequently doesn't load playlists. A lot of people are having issues with it.

Overall the game is really fast paced. It feels a bit like COD in terms of pacing.

The clips for the guns are too shallow.

The AR does very little damage it seems and seems to be a resounding complaint from many users on the forum.

I played one map so far I think it was boneyard and I liked the map.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Is there a way to play local mp? Playing online prolly won't be an option for me since my internet eats man bag, but it'd be cool to check out the maps and guns etc by playing some local mp with my brother or something.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Is there a way to play local mp? Playing online prolly won't be an option for me since my internet eats man bag, but it'd be cool to check out the maps and guns etc by playing some local mp with my brother or something.
No you will not be able to do custom games.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
The beta is epic. I called in sick to school today just to play it. I love the action, it feels like a new Halo experience. Invasion is easily the sickest mode ever in a Halo game. I love it. The new weapons are also beastly. Plasma repeater, anyone?

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
The beta is epic. I called in sick to school today just to play it. I love the action, it feels like a new Halo experience. Invasion is easily the sickest mode ever in a Halo game. I love it. The new weapons are also beastly. Plasma repeater, anyone?
After 4 hours I have only played 3 games because of server overload. It is incredibly frustrating.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
After 4 hours I have only played 3 games because of server overload. It is incredibly frustrating.
I've knocked out at least 10 games today. Great stuff. Don't have time the rest of the week anyway. Get a lot in today.