• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PC Games Halo PC

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I haven't played this game recently, but I own it. I'd rank it the best out of all the Halo games so far.

I love the new maps that were added. I never did understand why these didn't make it into Halo 2. They are better than any of the new ones that were added.

It's also nice having 4 warthogs per level. Who else has this? Maybe if enough people do we can jump on a server. I can set up a teamspeak dedicated if you guys have headsets for your pc's.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I might actually consider getting it if my PC is good enough to run it. I love Halo for Xbox, but unfortunately I have nobody to play with since none of my friends play it. It would be awesome to be able to play online, but I'd have to get used to the PC controls. I've never played a shooter on PC before, so I'd probably be horrible.

Andrew said:
I love the new maps that were added. I never did understand why these didn't make it into Halo 2. They are better than any of the new ones that were added.
Almost all the new maps they added for download are really bad. The only ones I like are Turf, Elongation, and Warlock. Most of the ones that came with the game suck too. Starting with a battle rifle makes most of them a lot better though. I really wish they added more Maps from Halo 1, like Chill Out, Prisoner, and Hang 'em High. Halo 3 better have more classic maps.

Wrecked

Registered Member
i played the demo and fooled around with some friends. just drove around and tried to do tricks etc.

i prefer using a keyboard and mouse for FPS games, but for Halo i just can't do it. it just feels very akward.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I bought a USB adapter that attaches to the end of my XBOX controller, the part where the end snaps off. I can hok it up to my PC and play Halo PC with it.

It felt 95% the same as playing on XBOX that way, but honestly I prefer the PC controls. I only use the PC controls now. It's a lot easier.

There's a multiplayer demo that Bungie put out for this. Try to find that and install it. It lets you play CTF Blood Gulch online with standard vehicles.