• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

XBOX ONE Halo: Master Chief Collection

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I guess it's official. There will be a Halo collection coming out this November including Halo 1, 2, 3, and 4, each with its full campaign and online multiplayer on dedicated servers.

E3 2014: Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Halo 5 Beta Announced for Xbox One - IGN

Meanwhile, multiplayer matchmaking will offer the usual assortment of playlists you’ve come to expect from Halo games – Team Snipers, Rumble Pit, etc. – and let players vote on which map they want next. But what’s cool is that you may be presented with three choices that span three different games. Say, Halo: CE’s “Wizard,” Halo 2’s “Lockout,” and Halo 3’s “The Pit.” Whichever gets the most votes is the game that MCC will launch, after which you’ll be taken back to the multiplayer lobby with your friends.
Combat Evolved’s multiplayer will be playable, online, in its original form. No more Halo: Reach map packs or excuses about CE multiplayer not “feeling” right online because it never had net code to begin with (let’s leave Gearbox’s Halo PC port out of this). This will be the OG Halo 1 three-shot death pistol, the OG “Blood Gulch,” etc.
Halo 2 Anniversary will boast the complete collection of multiplayer maps – including all of the DLC battlegrounds. Furthermore, I asked and was assured that 343 is implementing a similar sort of leveling system as Halo 2, where you could actually lose rank if you lost enough matches. “We are in the process of constructing a leveling system,” Ayoub said. “You’ll be able to go down and work your way back up.” Also, similar to Combat Evolved Anniversary, the original code is intentionally being left intact, so exploits and glitches like super jumping and BXR should still be possible in Halo 2 Anniversary. Fortunately, thanks to dedicated servers, unplugging your cable modem (aka the “standby” cheat) will no longer work.
343 has confirmed that Forge and Saved Films will be included for Halo 2, 3, and 4!
Oh my god.

I've always said I would buy an Xbox One if they ever brought back the original multiplayer from Halo 1 and 2. But surely this isn't worth $400.

Is it?

:spin:

dDave

V.I.P.
I guess you're getting an XBOX One. :D

You'll be able to use the console for more than Halo. You can get stuff like Titanfall and the new Mass Effect game I'm sure.

Maybe I'll luck out and this will be available for PC as well. If I get another console I'm getting a PS4 I'm pretty sure.

This is exciting though, it will bring the entire series into the 8th generation and will revive Halo 2 multiplayer.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Nah, I honestly doubt I'm getting the console just for this. I'm sure I'd end up getting Halo 5 and maybe another game here or there if I had an Xbox One, but I think I'd still rather have a PS3 or PS4.

I doubt they'll make this available for PC anytime soon. They're probably counting on it being a console seller.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
This sounds pretty amazing. I plan on getting an xbone anyways, so this'll be a great incentive. I hope you end up getting it Maj! I'll need someone to make maps with and shoot at :p

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Ugh, I know. It would be so fun to be able to play Halo 1 and 2 with you.

They say Halo 2 is going to have Forge. I wonder what that's going to be like, if it'll be a full map editor/creator, or if it only lets you place weapons and crates on existing maps. Either way it's a good feature to have.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I'm hoping it'll be like the forge we have now. Build maps like we do now, but be able to build em for specific games. Like maybe when you go into forge mode, you can choose which type of canvasses you wanna build on. I'd love to build maps for a game like halo 2 or 3 where you don't have things like jetpacks breaking everything. There were so many ideas I had that I never used because of jetpacks haha.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I'm debating on whether or not this will be one of the games I buy first when getting my Xbone.

Can someone sell me on this? Haha. I like first person shooters and I beat the original Halo years ago with my uncle but never got around to playing much else in the series, besides a little Reach when I got my 360 (and returned it less than a month later). Haha.

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
I'm debating on whether or not this will be one of the games I buy first when getting my Xbone.

Can someone sell me on this? Haha. I like first person shooters and I beat the original Halo years ago with my uncle but never got around to playing much else in the series, besides a little Reach when I got my 360 (and returned it less than a month later). Haha.
I recently played through Halo 2, excellent game. I was convinced to play by a friend. He says Halo 1, 2, and 3 are amazing (especially 3). He was not at all a fan of reach but he thought 4 was decent.

Maybe someone that's played the whole series can shed some light on it (Major? Anyone? Major?)

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Well, the Master Chief Collection contains Halo 1, 2, 3, and 4. There is no Reach.

Halo is known more for its multiplayer, but the single player campaigns are still worth playing if you've never played them before. People can argue all they want over which games have the best stories, but in terms of gameplay, each successive campaign gets better. Halo 1's campaign was just okay. Kind of repetitive. Halo 2 improved upon that, and then Halo 3 and 4 had great campaigns. It is especially fun beating them on Legendary difficulty.

The multiplayer matchmaking for this collection has been kind of a disaster, unfortunately. The launch was a train wreck and it took people hours to get into a game. It took 343 Industries like two months to patch the game enough to where it's even worth playing. I think things are running more smoothly now, but there still might be some problems.