• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Xbox 360 Halo Killer

Yung_Impression

Registered Member
im still gonna hop on that $299 deal, becuz if i wanna play old Xbox game i'll play it on that console than the Xbox 360

Pianobone

Registered Member
PDZ won't be a Halo killer. In fact, Halo will be a PDZ killer.

Halo 2 is an Xbox title- old generation. PDZ is 360. But, Bungie has a third installment of Master Chief coming our way on the 360 sometime next year supposedly. I think that Halo 3 will decimate PDZ, but that's just my opinion.

Although, PDZ does look awesome.

Yung_Impression

Registered Member
they played some of Xbox 360 games on G4TV...and i seen PDZ and that game is hard...from wat i seen PDZ is gonna beat Halo by alot.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
PDZ will be the most popular 360 game for a while, but I doubt it'll be a Halo killer in terms of gameplay. Once Halo 3 comes around, nobody will care about PDZ anymore.

Yung_Impression

Registered Member
^^but right now...that PDZ is gonna be the hottest game prolly.

the graphics on Perfect Dark Zero are nice.

Pianobone

Registered Member
Right. My point was just that because PDZ comes out, people aren't going to just stop playing Halo for no good reason.

Anyway, I really hope this game lives up to my expectations. The thing about Halo is that it is a basic run and gun game. There are some minor objectives, but they are simple. PD, by comparison had more in depth objectives, and I really hope they capitalize on that format with the new game. I like Halo for what it is and I liked PD for what it was. I don't want Rare to try to make a Halo clone. If they do that, I will be very upset and may not want to even buy the game.

One thing Halo does very well is produce challenging AI. You can play a level and then after you die and start from the spawn point, even if you play exactly the same, the AI reacts differently each time. Everytime you run straight at a Covenant guard, they do something different. Sometimes, they throw a grenade, sometimes they duck for cover. Sometimes they call backup and sometimes they charge you with a suicide run. You never know. PDZ had better have AI that is at least on par with that. If not, it will be a disappointment.

Yung_Impression

Registered Member
^^so u hope PDZ is a challenge to u....hope its not a game u can beat in a day though.

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
At the launch last night I thought more people would cop PDZ. I think the most popular was COD2 followed by PDZ. I convinced two people though to buy PDZ :)

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I don't think that PDz can really be considered a game to put up against Halo. They're two completely different games, even if PDz does pull a lot from Halo. It may out sell Halo, because there's barely even rumor of Halo 3 and PDz is the second in it's franchise. Time to grow.