• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Xbox 360 Halo Killer

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, after watching some videos of Perfect Dark Zero (http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/015/015335/vids_1.html) I think it's safe to say that PDZ is going to be the Halo Killer that fanboys have been waiting for.

My only concern is that some parts of it really look too arcade-ish like Unreal or Halo 2. I guess the original was a bit arcade feeling to begin with, so it's not like a sudden jump, but the announcer (Halo-syle announcements) automatically makes it cheesy. Killtactic! That reminds me too much of Killtacular from Halo... but I never did like those announcements. The movement seems slow enough, which is good, but the feel of it doesn't really feel like the original. Keep in mind I haven't played the game. I'm basing my thoughts only on the videos. There is also a voice in your headset that seems to tell you how to do a lot of things.

This game is the only launch title I was intereted in, so I may wait to play it before going out and spending $450 on it (System + PDZ). Probably closer to $500 after taxes.

The main games I have been into recently are Counterstrike and Battlefield 2. The only shooters I really liked on XBOX Live were the Rainbow Six 3 series. I guess I'm more of a tactical shooter fan than arcade, but I did like Halo 1 a lot, and Halo 2 was decent, so it all comes down to having to actually play the game first.

Either way, looking at it from a Halo perspective, I think PDZ will by far meet Halo fanboy expectations. The only question I have is will original PD fans be happy.

Microsoft owns Bungie and Rareware, so I wouldn't be suprised if some of the Halo team worked on PDZ, and vice versa for Halo 3 in the near future, if not already.

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
PDZ will not be a Halo killer because of 2 reasons. 1: The generation and gamers of the Xbox are not familiar with the name. and reason 2: The Name Halo sticks out the most.

Dont get me wrong, there are alot of people that are on xbox and know about Perfect Dark from 64days and have heard of the game, but I would safely bet that there is alot more anticipation for Halo not just in the states, but world wide.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well when I said Halo killer, I wasn't referring to initial sales. The original Halo didn't have much hype either. It was the game that quickly became the center of every gaming conversation. "Have you played Halo?" "Wow, have you heard of Halo for XBOX?" etc.

It's the only shooter to speak of that will be a 360 launch title, and since Microsoft owns both Bungie and Rare, Halo 3 obviously is being saved for later. I think a majority of people who own Halo 2 and are planning on buying a 360 will end up buying Perfect Dark Zero. It's one of the most talked about launch titles the 360 has. :)

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
I hope it does well just because Rare gets so much heat. I would not mind getting my dirty hands on a copy either :p

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
I think it will be a good game. Whether it will be a Halo killer, I am not sure. I would like to try playing the game sometime. I have played the original and it was fun. If the graphics are as good as Halo 2, then I think it will be a great game to play.

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
Mr_Snipes said:
I think it will be a good game. Whether it will be a Halo killer, I am not sure. I would like to try playing the game sometime. I have played the original and it was fun. If the graphics are as good as Halo 2, then I think it will be a great game to play.
I would hope so...after all it is on the 360 right?

Yung_Impression

Registered Member
is Call Of Duty 2 a launching title, because alot of people said they played the demo on Xbox 360 somewhere, and they said it was nice.