Xbox 360 Halo: CE coming to Xbox Live Arcade

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Major, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

So apparently the original Halo will be available for download on XBL for $15 starting December 4th. No word on whether or not you'll be able to play online. But if you can, I'm going out and buying an Xbox 360 right away.

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

It's probably the exact same version as it was before. Isn't the 360 backwards compatible with XBOX games though? Why would anybody buy this if they already have the original?

3. Major

There would be no reason to buy it unless they added online play. I really doubt they did, but you never know. What would be the point of re-releasing it when everybody already has it, or if they don't, they can go to the store and buy it for the same price or less?

4. CaliforniaSteve

CaliforniaSteve Registered Member

Maybe Mircosoft and or Bungie upped the graphics a bit. That would motivate some to rebuy a game they already own.

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

When does it get released? I'll be on the lookout for any news on whether or not it's playable on LIVE.

6. Major

Release is December 4th. I read somewhere today that it will NOT be playable on Live, which blows. I definitely won't be wasting my money on it, and hopefully nobody else will either, unless they don't already own it.

7. MegaMike

MegaMike Registered Member

Well, I won't be buying it, seeing as I already own all 3 Halo games, but it is a good idea. Halo 3 brought in a lot of new people into the series who haven't played 1 or 2. I'm sure more than a few people will buy this over XBLA.

8. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

Has anybody bought this game yet?

9. Major

No. Don't waste your money unless you don't already own the original Xbox version. They're exactly the same. No online play or anything.

10. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I'll probably look into getting it when I get some gamer points. I don't have the original, or even Halo 2 yet, so it wouldn't be that big of a deal for me to want to run it off of the hard drive.

How many gamer points does it cost?