• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

XBOX ONE Halo 5

dDave

V.I.P.
Everything We Know About Halo 5 - Dec. 2013 - IGN Conversations - IGN Video

Coming 2014

Looks like they aren't limiting this to a trilogy this time around, it's interesting that she doesn't.

This game is going to run in 1080p @ 60fps on the XBOX One (I assume this is going to be an exclusive), should be really impressive graphics wise.

Needless to say, since I won't be getting an XBOX One (at least not any time soon), I won't be playing this game.

Last edited:

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
That looks really interesting, but if it is going to be specific to the Xbox One, I won't be playing it either. Hopefully that won't be the case. It could really limit their sales.

Possibly no Cortana? Interesting.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've only played a little Halo in my time...some of the first and the second one and its not my cup o' tea. Or maybe I was just really bad at it. I had the best handle ever though...Sir Pancreas.

Anyway, I'm sure Halo fans will like it but I have no interest.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I watched that video at IGN last night and it was a huge waste of a few minutes. They basically made a video to say they don't know anything about Halo 5. They know that one of the developers left 343 Industries. Ok cool.

As much as I'll want to play the game, I doubt I'll ever get an Xbox One. Halo multiplayer is dead anyway. Bungie killed it with Reach, and then 343 buried it with H4. RIP.

Last edited:

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I've never played a Halo game I've enjoyed since the very first one and I'm also not going to be bothered to buy an Xbox One for a shitty exclusive like this.

Italiano

Film Elitist
I'm going to play this for one reason only: A friend and I have made a point to play all the campaigns for all the Halos. We've beat all of them and when Halo 5 comes out we'll beat that one too. He just acquired an Xbox One for free through his job and he's basically using it as a blue-ray player until Halo 5 is released.

And if anyone's played Halo 4 they'll know why it's very likely that Cortana won't be in the fifth installment...

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I have absolutely no interest in Halo 5. I lost interest in the series after Halo 3 and haven't looked back. I actually switched over to CoD but I'm done with that series, too. Not sure what FPS I'm going to move onto from here.

The Halo formula got old for me after Halo 2 and I barely enjoyed Halo 3.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Halo 5: Guardians Announced - IGN

343 Industries has revealed that Halo 5: Guardians will launch on Xbox One in the fall of 2015.

Bonnie Ross, general manager at 343, made the announcement on a blog post that detailed the future of the Halo franchise as a whole. Ross talked about Master Chief's next journey, saying, "Halo 5: Guardians is a bigger effort than Halo 4. That applies to the content and scope of the game, as well as the technology in what’s now a brand new and more powerful engine. Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games, but we’ve invested a huge effort in retooling our tech to take full advantage of the Xbox One’s hardware and ecosystem to create worlds and experiences worthy of next-gen."

The game will run "at 60 frames per second, on dedicated servers, with the scope, features and scale we've been dreaming of for more than a decade," and will also be powered by a new engine.
It's going to be a little longer of a wait than some expected. But based on the posts in this thread, no one will be that upset. :lol:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I wonder if they're going to do Halo 2 Anniversary this year or if it's nothing more than a rumor. I haven't heard anything official about it.

dDave

V.I.P.
Update on Halo 5 today. It's called Guardians. The game will run in 60fps at full 1080p. I'm sure that this game (just like every Halo before) will set a new benchmark for graphical quality in the series. Still, some titles haven't been all that fascinating (I hear that about Reach all the time). They claim they have something special in store for the fans, whatever that means.

Halo 5: Guardians Announced - IGN

Coming 2015.

I wonder if they're going to do Halo 2 Anniversary this year or if it's nothing more than a rumor. I haven't heard anything official about it.
A Halo 2 anniversary edition would be cool. All I ever hear about Halo 2 is that it's awesome. Given that we got Halo: Combat Evolved as a remake a while back I think we'll see a Halo 2 remaster eventually.