Halo 3 is apparently huge

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Mirage, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Who here has played Halo 3 yet? I have heard very good things so far. I don't have an Xbox 360 but I'm interested in hearing your thoughts if you have played it.

2. Gwiz

Gwiz Registered Member

It'a a great game and since the hype was so big, it didnt live up to the hype. I was better than Halo 2 but not as good as the original Halo. I also like the fact that you can change the maps to create your own environment. Overall, great game that answer all the questions from the previous two games.

3. JjCrazyboy

JjCrazyboy Registered Member

is halo 3 interesting enough to get a 360 for

4. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

It would make due as your main game for a good month or two, if that's what you're asking. The online could keep you occupied for many more hours. There's a vast supporting cast of games you could get for the 360, and at decent prices. It's the best choice of system/game combination, though. All you have to do is add the Oblivion Game of the Year Edition, and you'll be set for several months with just those two games.

5. JjCrazyboy

JjCrazyboy Registered Member

well one thing i am curious about is if it is a different experience fromt he other halo games. I own a wii and the one thing I enjoy about it is a lot of the games are experiences I have never had with a game before. There are a lot of crap games out right now but that is because everything is so new. Now I do love the 360 and Playstation 3 Graphics an I am sure Halo 3 is a great game, but I spent a lot of time with Halo 2 and 1 is this Halo a different experience or just a bigger halo game.

6. Doc

It's a bigger Halo game, but there's new stuff, too. There's a huge assortment of weapons, and a new equipment system with things like shield drainers, rechargers, bubble shield, radar jammer, and so on.

7. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

"Master Chief" has been on the front page of the Sunday paper here TWO weeks in a row... The FRONT PAGE! The game may be huge but wow. I find it surprising to see it on the front page two weeks in a row.

I still haven't played it. I've heard it is awesome, but, I've also heard that it's more of the same. Most people consider anything "Halo" awesome, which is why more of the same is ok in that case, but it got old for me. I'd be more interested in Bungie's next project than Halo 3.

Halo 1 was one of my favorite FPS console games ever. After reading Halo 3 reviews it looks like the consensus is that 3 is better than 2, but not better than 1 as a whole. Sure it has new features but not enough new features to rank it higher than 1 in innovation.

I'd still like to play it though. I just wish Microsoft would allow it to come out for PC right away. I'll probably end up waiting for PC before getting too into it because I don't plan on buying an Xbox 360 anytime soon...

8. Teorropy

Teorropy Registered User

I haven't played to much of it yet, but I really liked what I saw on the little bit that I played.

I loved the graphics on it, really sweet.

Two thumbs up on it and I am working on growing a third one.

9. Van

Van Heavy Weapons Guy V.I.P.

I don't have the game myself yet, but many people I know are mad because is was too short. However now that you can play it online I would be more concerned about online play and the new things/differences in the new game.

10. Doc

Legendary took nine continuous hours on four player co-op. First person shooters aren't exactly known for their mind-blowing single player. It's pretty rare for a FPS to have a truly great solo mode.