• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Xbox Brand HALO 3 Announcement Trailer

Ã

Æshættr

TurkuSama said:
The point of the teaser was to tease. It also had a little bonus of moving along the story a bit to give people something to speculate about. Is MChief on Earth? Why are the convenant going towards this "device"? And What the fuck just happened after "it" activated. Gameplay or not, the teaser was damn good.
Well, at the beginning of the trailer you see a street sign, that pretty much screams Earth at you. The scenery looks African which, if anyone remembers, was the location of the few earth levels in the second game. This is just speculation, but the explosion of the covenant ship leaving could have uncovered whatever that is. Of course speculation for this game is difficult since the wiki article says two storylines are being worked on to prevent the public of being certain as to which one is real if either are ever leaked.

Edit:
After looking around a bit more on wiki, I found this. Seems to make sense to me.

Blur

iPimp
Well yes you have to know all about the halo story to understand it. But anyhoo, the only reason their game (h2) didnt live up to the hype was cause the hype was so insane. Halo CE definately lived up to it, best damn game ever

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Yeah i noticed the modified assualt rifle.

Bungie also noted that is what game graphics will look like. They gave a teaser of a cinematic using the graphics engine. So i dont think it was doctored up they wouldnt make the same mistake they made with halo 2 teasers.

I liked halo 1's campaign but Halo 2's MP kicked ass.

I think they need to eliminate the covenant using snipers. It ruined my experience when playing it on legendary since sometimes u just get picked and would have to guess from where the bullet came from to take out the sniper.

Vincent_Valentine

Studley-Do-Right
Blur said:
Halo CE definately lived up to it, best damn game ever
That's a really bold statement to make.

Anyway. I still try not to get excited about games until there are hand-on reviews/previews. I just don't like hype. It pisses me off, and it pisses me off even more when fanboys won't shut up about it.

Blur

iPimp
Yes it is, and i'm fully willing to back it up. The game was COMPLETELY revolutionary. Down right amazing. Sure zelda and mario are good, but it took them a few games to get to the amazingness. This is in part cause they were developed when the consoles werent that great but that still matters. Halo came flat out, first game, one hit fuckin wonder. Now, all the other games are just icing on the cake. And Halo is the most delicious sort of cake...the kind that you become obsessed with and it becomes part of your life. Until playing your same neighbors over and over for 3 years gets old, and online is oh too tempting with Halo 2. But believe me if CE had an online you would hardly see me on 2.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
No offense Blur, but why do you think it was revolutionary?

Blur

iPimp
look at the console shooters before it. hell look at the console GAMES before it. all of them.

then look at halo's campaign, the music, the gameplay, the physics, the graphics(for the time period). the REPLAY value

Malificus

Likes snow
How would judging Halo's graphics do anything? It was the new game for a brand new console, it would be sad if the graphics weren't raising the bar. And it wasn't even to most graphically stunning of the launch titles. It is an awesome game though. I just don't think it's graphics were revolutionary.

Blur

iPimp
...ok

what launch title had better graphics

what game is so good that you can still pick it up 5 years after it released and have a blast as if you just got it

what game is so good that you play it for 3 years straight even tho u only playing the same story/with the same people over and over

halo ce

Malificus

Likes snow
Blur said:
what launch title had better graphics
DOA 3

Blur said:
what game is so good that you can still pick it up 5 years after it released and have a blast as if you just got it
Just about any of the Legend of Zelda games or the Mario games. Also, Baldur's Gate.

And I'm not fighting with you that Halo is a great game, just that it's graphics weren't revolutionary.