Hallelujah

Discussion in 'Music' started by wooly, Dec 22, 2008.

?

What's your favourite version?

1. Leonard Cohen

9.1%
  2. John Cale

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Jeff Buckley

54.5%
  4. Rufus Wainwright

27.3%
  5. Allison Crowe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Alexandra Burke

9.1%
  1. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

What's your favourite version of the song?

Personally i have to go with the Jeff Buckley version, it's beautiful, almost perfect. i also think the new X-factor version is absolutely AWFUL. not just because i'm a purist of some sort, but the girl singing sounds like she's completely missed the feeling of the song, there's no emotion.

How bout you?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008

2. snowflake

snowflake Registered Member

I prefer the bon jovi version. Think that has to be the best one.

3. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I havn't listened to different versions of that song in a while, but from what I remember I'll go with Jeff Buckley's too. :nod:

4. WesJones87

WesJones87 RayzorBlade87

Jeff Buckleys, because it was used in House.

Although nothing beats the original Leonard Cohen song.

5. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

I have to place my vote to Rufus Wainwright. His cover is just so soothing and relaxing and I love his voice. That and I don't really like the Leonard Cohen version to be honest.

6. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

'The Sherek song' as my Son calls it.
    Personally, I find it quite hard to go wrong with that song. I actually thought Alexandria Burke put a lot of Soul, feeling and emotion into it. [She had to, to win the X-Factor show.]
    It made the U.K's number 1 in the music charts, and for the first time in history, the same song made number 2 in the charts, but by a different singer:

Click to see the whole top 40 list <

7. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I have to agree with you, I think Jeff Buckley has the best version by far. 2 of my friends did a version of their own which I absolutely fell in love with, but obviously they aren't famous so no one else will have ever heard it.

8. Buddhz

Buddhz Registered Member

Rufus Wainwright's version is my favourite and I personally think that it's hard to beat. I didn't like the XFactor version, I don't think it suits a female voice.

9. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Rufus Wainwright. I first heard it on Shrek and loved it. I had it on my iPod for a long time.