Hallelujah

What's your favourite version?

• Total voters

wooly

I am the woolrus
What's your favourite version of the song?

Personally i have to go with the Jeff Buckley version, it's beautiful, almost perfect. i also think the new X-factor version is absolutely AWFUL. not just because i'm a purist of some sort, but the girl singing sounds like she's completely missed the feeling of the song, there's no emotion.

How bout you?

Last edited:

Italiano

Film Elitist
I have to place my vote to Rufus Wainwright. His cover is just so soothing and relaxing and I love his voice. That and I don't really like the Leonard Cohen version to be honest.

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
'The Sherek song' as my Son calls it.
Personally, I find it quite hard to go wrong with that song. I actually thought Alexandria Burke put a lot of Soul, feeling and emotion into it. [She had to, to win the X-Factor show.]
It made the U.K's number 1 in the music charts, and for the first time in history, the same song made number 2 in the charts, but by a different singer:

Click to see the whole top 40 list <
1 NEW
Alexandra Burke

Hallelujah

(Syco Music)
The X Factor - Story Detail - Finalist: Alexandra Burke
2 30 26
Jeff Buckley

Hallelujah

(Columbia)
jeffBuckley.com :: home
3 1 3
Leona Lewis

Run

(Syco Music)
Leona Lewis &ndash; Official Website
4 9 7
Beyonce

If I Were A Boy

(Columbia)
Home | The Official Beyonce Site
5 NEW
Geraldine

Once Upon A Christmas Song

(Polydor)
Peter Kay Fan Site www.PeterKayOnline.com
6 18 7
James Morrison/Nelly Furtado

Broken Strings

(Polydor)
JAMES MORRISON
7 2 13
Kings Of Leon

Use Somebody

(Hand Me Down)
KINGS_OF_LEON
8 NEW
Beyonce

Listen

(Columbia)
Home | The Official Beyonce Site
9 5 4
Take That

Greatest Day

(Polydor)
Take That Homepage
10 4 7
Britney Spears

Womanizer

(Jive)
Britney Spears - official web site and blog

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
I have to agree with you, I think Jeff Buckley has the best version by far. 2 of my friends did a version of their own which I absolutely fell in love with, but obviously they aren't famous so no one else will have ever heard it.

Buddhz

Registered Member
Rufus Wainwright's version is my favourite and I personally think that it's hard to beat. I didn't like the XFactor version, I don't think it suits a female voice.