• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Halladay watch

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes, I'm creating this thread again.

Halladay is off to another great start this season, he's 5-1, 2.19 ERA, already has thrown two complete games and a total of 53.1 innings. Oh yeah, not to mention 57 total strikeouts. The guy is just a beast, and he keeps getting better and better. I know it's still early and anything can change but he's definitely one of the early favorites of the NL Cy Young right now.

I'll keep updating this thread after almost every outing from the Doc.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
How's your boy Drabek doing? Whoops, wrong thread. :lol:

I saw bits and pieces of his game yesterday and he still amazes me. His fastball moves more then most guys sliders! Sometimes I wonder how anybody ever hits him.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Drabek is doing just fine, just a bit of learning curve lol, he'll be fine.

I agree with your assessment about his fastball, the movement on it is simply rediculous. I was watching yesterday's game too, and his location was top notch once again. He threw something like 89 strikes and 21 balls, something crazy like that.

Just throwing some more numbers out there. Since joining the Phillies, Halladay is 18-1 with a 1.56 ERA. That's insane.