• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hall of Famer & Former Steelers Head Coach, Noll, Dead

Misha Mayhem

Registered Member
While the Kings and their fans are celebrating their victory over the Rangers, here's some sad news, from my corner of the sports fandom:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11080 ... ll-dies-82

The head coach who was with the Steelers, for four of our six championships, just died. This is a sad day for Steeler Nation. :(

Yeah, I saw that popping up on my Twitter timeline while watching Game 5 OT. A legendary piece of Steelers history passing away here. One of the best coaches in all sports. Condolences to the Noll family.

Misha Mayhem

Registered Member
EdgeHead said:
Yeah, I saw that popping up on my Twitter timeline while watching Game 5 OT. A legendary piece of Steelers history passing away here. One of the best coaches in all sports. Condolences to the Noll family.
I saw it right after. I bet we will never see a coach in the Steelers camp, like him, ever again. He will be missed, but never forgotten.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
It's sad news to hear. Chuck Noll will be missed, but not forgotten. He's a legend, a champion, and an inspiration. Noll helped the Steelers go from losing season after losing season to winning Super Bowls. 4 time Super Bowl champion. It's sad to hear that he has passed away but his legacy will carry on. The impact he had on the Steelers was huge. One of the greatest coached of all time, if not THE greatest. RIP Chuck Noll.

willge87

Registered Member
Such a legend, but for some reason you never hear him discussed as much as Tom Landry, Vince Lombardi or even Don Shula. It's mind boggling that since Noll took over in the late 1960's that the Steelers have had only two coaches after he retired in the early 1990's. RIP.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
A true pioneer in the coaching business, up there with Halas, Lombardi, Shula, Landry, Walsh, etc. Some loved him, some hated him, but most everyone respected him.