Half Marathon, To run or not to run?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Mirage, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Maybe the title of this thread should be "To train or not to train". Anybody can run. It's the training part that takes the discipline.

Some people are trying to get me to train for a two separate half marathons.

They are a month apart and one is coming up in just a little over a month. If I trained for the first one the second would sure be a lot easier that's for sure.

Should I go for it? I'd have to start training like right now. I hear they are pretty fun. Has anybody here done a half or a full marathon?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I've never been into running, but I'd like to do something like this someday. I think you should go for it.

3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Have you been running at all? If not I don't see how you can possibly be ready for a half marathon by next month.

4. echohat

echohat New Member

if u have dream, you gonna protect it.

5. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

I hate running, so I wouldn't ever do it. But if you enjoy running, why not.

6. Mirage

Yeah I have. Not a lot but I can easily run sub 8 minute miles at the moment. It will just come down to if I can run 13.5 miles in a row. I'd shoot for 10 minutes per mile which would be a 2 hour and 15 minute half marathon.

7. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I say go for it, I did cross country last year, I think that long distance was pretty fun, but I wasn't any good at it so I don't do that anymore.

8. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Not trying to discourage you or anything, but the Olympic marathon winner finished in less time than that. :lol: Still, that would be a great time.

ysabel likes this.
  9. Mirage

I know. But I'm not an Olympic marathon runner and I don't ever plan to be. ;)

10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Go for it. I'd always wanted to run a marathon but I doubt my health allows me, lol. I'd just live vicariously through you.