Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Halo

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Half-Life for sure, with absolutely no part of me wanting to say Halo partially.

Half-Life is by far a much superior series. It was around long before Halo and it will be around long after Halo, considering Halo is done now. Bungie has made it clear that Halo 3 is the last Halo FPS game.

Half-Life for me. Better story, better game play, and my personal favorite reason I like it: I don't have to use the X-Box controllers to play it.

No to mention all the mods and side games from Half-Life, like Counter Strike and Portal.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Half-Life is a much more rounded series and is much more of a complete game than Halo. After all, the Halo series started out awesome, then sucked.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Halo CE was actually pretty awesome compared to the other Halo offerings but it doesn't touch Half-Life mods such as Team Fortress 2 (not to mention the original TFC), Counter-Strike: Source (and original), and many others. Halo singleplayer doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of Half-Life 1, 2, and the new Episodes.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Half-Life for sure, with absolutely no part of me wanting to say Halo partially.

Half-Life is by far a much superior series. It was around long before Halo and it will be around long after Halo, considering Halo is done now. Bungie has made it clear that Halo 3 is the last Halo FPS game.

I picked Halo. I have played both series, my biggest problem with half-life is some of the guns suck or aren't fun to use and the story can be confusing at times. I enjoy my cinematics.

Halo 3 wins because of a compelling soundtrack (probably the best out there IMO) a fantastic MP and a good campaign. I enjoy both games but Halo is a better all-round game IMO.

(Echoes you need to play Halo 3)

Also Hybrix Bungies in no way, shape, or form say that halo 3 was the last Halo FPS game. They just said it was "the end of the triology". They have alluded to an additional game whether or not it's called Halo 4 or Halo "something else" it yet to be determined. It is very possible an additional FPS games will be made with the Halo franchise. I doubt they would let their franchise just die considering how big it has gotten.

Also Hybrix Bungies in no way, shape, or form say that halo 3 was the last Halo FPS game. They just said it was "the end of the triology". They have alluded to an additional game whether or not it's called Halo 4 or Halo "something else" it yet to be determined. It is very possible an additional FPS games will be made with the Halo franchise. I doubt they would let their franchise just die considering how big it has gotten.
It could very well could be completely false, but I remember reading awhile ago that a sizable chunk of the people at Bungie were getting tired of the Halo series. They wanted to be able to make different games but couldnt because they had to keep putting all of their efforts into Halo. They were basically losing their motivation for the series. Thats not to say it won't come back later, but I could see getting tired of making Halo after Halo after Halo.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
It could very well could be completely false, but I remember reading awhile ago that a sizable chunk of the people at Bungie were getting tired of the Halo series. They wanted to be able to make different games but couldnt because they had to keep putting all of their efforts into Halo. They were basically losing their motivation for the series. Thats not to say it won't come back later, but I could see getting tired of making Halo after Halo after Halo.
I heard about this too. Rumors but I think it is highly likely their next game will not be Halo related too.

I think their following game after that though will.

I know Microsoft had a long-term plan with them and Epic to release a Halo and Gears every other year though I dont see how that is possible. But look
2006 2007 2008 2009
Gears Halo 3 Gears 2 Halo ?