• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

half.com

karenlyn

Registered Member
Another thread I just posted in made me think of this, and I was wondering about the opinions of everybody else out there. What kind of experiences have you had with half.com? I would say that my experience with the company has been mostly good, and most of the bad experiences I've had (a could of items I ordered simply never arrived) were due to bad sellers, not the site itself.

What do you think?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.

Plumley

Registered Member
What Andrew said.

I'm becoming more and more enamoured with Amazon.com. Part of my dissatisfaction with eBay has been shipping and at Amazon I can often avoid shipping charges altogether. So Amazon has become my alternative for almost any other site.

karenlyn

Registered Member
For new items, Amazon is definitely a good way to go. It's amazing to me the way that company has branched out. They now sell EVERYTHING. Pretty soon they're going to open up Amazon paid adoption! Seriously, though, it's a good site. I've bought some used items from sellers there, too, and that worked out well. They tend not to shaft you on the shipping as is done at eBay.

mamab

Registered Member
I agree, Amazon is a better site than half.com. But, I have to admit, I didn't know it was owned by eBay.

hokeshel

Registered Member
I have found some rare adn out of print books an half.com that I coudln't find on Amazon. I was quite happy with it.

SouthernGal

Registered Member
I have had good experiences with half.com. I do have to be selective, though, about what I get. I believe I got some great prices on flatware once.

I had no idea it was owned by Ebay!

I still love amazon. I've never had an issue with amazon! I've ordered diapers and such from them because they often quality for free shipping.