TV Half an Hour or Hour?

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
What length do you perfer your shows to be?
Half an hour or an hour?
Why?

Half an hour, just because I don't like spending too much time watching TV. If it's a really good show and I've loads of time to waste then all the better if it's an hour.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Comedy shows - 1/2 hour, after that they start to get old. Drama type shows - 1 hour, because otherwise they're over and your left thinking, what the fuck just happened?

Blueyes

Registered Member
Comedy shows - 1/2 hour, after that they start to get old. Drama type shows - 1 hour, because otherwise they're over and your left thinking, what the fuck just happened?
what she said although even after an hour sometimes I walk away with that same feeling.

Anybody excited that there is going to be a NCIS Los Angles next fall? Should be exciting.

Same as Impact. If the comedy show is more than 30 minutes I see the writing and jokes not being as high quality as it would've been if it were a 30 minute show.

Drama deserves an hour to build suspense and bond with the characters. Thirty minutes is good, but an hour is better. =D

Xeilo

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I am with impact as well, I also don't like to sit in front of the TV for long periods of time. TV these days seems to suck anyway lol.

I think TV currently does a good job with this. Comedy should be 30 mins and drama a hour. The only changes I would make, is upping Californication and Weeds from 30 mins to the full hour. The rest is fine how it is.

Twitch

Registered Member
Depends on the show.

I think a comedy CAN be an hour.. Not a show like Family Guy, but something with snappy and witty humor, like Always Sunny.

Dramas should definitely be at least an hour.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Half an hour is fine but if it's shows like Six Feet Under or Nip/Tuck then I like them to be an hour. I wish Sex and The City was on for an hour back in the day too. It was around 40-45 minutes.

Well, I like my drama shows to be an hour, like "Life on Mars", "Blackpool" or "Ashes to Ashes". Sitcoms, and comedies in general, I prefer to be half an hour long. Although I still love Only Fools and Horses, and their episodes went to 50 minutes long for series' 6 and 7.