• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Halak to the Islanders?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Caps have reportedly shipped the rights to Jaro Halak to the New York Islanders for a fourth round pick.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Man talk about getting passed around like a hot potato

Either everyone wants Halak or nobody does...depending on how you look at it haha

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Unless Halak told the Caps front office he's not re-signing, I don't get this move. I thought Halak was the exact starting goaltender they needed...especially with Branden Holtby playing like a back-up this past year.

arock1234

Registered Member
I thought Halak and the Caps made a lot of sense. Halak can still choose not to resign with the Islanders and become a free agent so maybe he goes back to Washington? That would work out swell.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
arock1234 said:
I thought Halak and the Caps made a lot of sense. Halak can still choose not to resign with the Islanders and become a free agent so maybe he goes back to Washington? That would work out swell.
Unless NYI ponies up some big bucks, I test free agency if I am Halak. He'll be the No. 2 option after Miller and there's enough teams with goaltending issues looking for help that some one will give him a Philly/Bryzgalov-esque deal.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
It's stupid of the Islanders to give up a 4th round pick just to get the rights to talk to Halak.

It wouldn't shock me, and I sort of hope it happens, that Halak re-signs with the Capitals. That way they really played with the Islanders.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
BJBirdy said:
It's stupid of the Islanders to give up a 4th round pick just to get the rights to talk to Halak.

It wouldn't shock me, and I sort of hope it happens, that Halak re-signs with the Capitals. That way they really played with the Islanders.
Sadly, Garth Snow is the general manager of the Islanders, so nothing surprises me anymore.

Just a poor run organization from top to bottom.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Price's sister was amazing last night.

Some guy tweeted to her: "Halak would have saved those two goals"

To which she replied: "With his suitcase maybe"...

Thirsty traveller. Eller is still a Hab. 3 goals 2 assists in 5 games these playoffs.

Well, unless Halak has X-ray vision, I don't think he would've done better than Price last night.

But, what else is new, seems I find new Carey haters every day.

Maybe, we should remind them than right now, we're the only undefeated team in this year's playoffs.