• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hackers Produce Disturbing Evidence in Rape Case

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
KnightSec, a hacking group affiliated with the “Anonymous” collective, has released a video of teenager Michael Nodianos glorying in the gang rape of a 16-year-old girl by his high school football player teammates. According to the Atlantic Wire, hackers are intervening, putting now-scrubbed evidence back online because other teenagers and citizens of football-crazed Steubenville, Ohio are proving to be reluctant to help authorities prosecute a rape case against the town’s teenage football stars.

Hackers produce disturbing video evidence in Ohio gang rape case
This town is messed up if they think football is more important than this girls attackers getting prosecuted. If it wasn't for the hackers I'm wondering if the whole thing wouldn't be shoved under the rug. Poor girl.

Inside the Anonymous Hacking File on the Steubenville 'Rape Crew'

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
It's not as sad as the fact that rape denial is procedure in this country in many of these stories. I hope they get everything that's coming to them and I hope the girl can get the therapy she needs.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I really feel sorry for this girl. These guys were carrying her from party to party abusing her, peeing on her. Yet no one will testify. A volunteer Big Red Coach even told the New York Times she made it up. I'm glad the hackers found that video so the town can't keep denying this happened. These guys need to be charged and prosecuted.

This story is really worth reading, both. Watch the video if you want to, I didn't but mainly cause I can't.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Unfortunately these things happen, they protect these kids because of them football stars or whatever. This is disgusting and I hope they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and the girl gets help.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
This. This is incredibly frightening to me.

Then there's this story:
Court Declares That Raping An Unmarried Woman Isn’t Rape | Addicting Info
Some of these laws need to be taken off the books. This law is ridiculous, that guy did rape her and is probably going to go free because of this law. There are a lot of stupid laws from the 1800's still valid but shouldn't be.
------
Looks like Steubenville, Ohio has drawn a lot of attention. There was a protest there Saturday and some of the people were from overseas. City leaders ever put up their own website to give excuses why they did what they did. Said we might not know the basic facts of the case.

Steubenville rape protest draws hundreds as city responds to cover-up allegations

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Actually the case isn't being thrown out, it's being remanded to the trial court for a retrial. And while I find the law a bit arcane what the author said in that piece is incorrect. If she were married he could have convicted for impersonating her husband. The piece says "if an unmarried woman has sex with a stranger without her consent, then too bad for her" which is incorrect. The issue here are 1) her consent; 2) can she consent if she was asleep. It seems the trial court misapplied the law when it gave the jury it's charge and thus must retry it. A change in the law would have the jury decide if there was an impersonation and did she believe that impersonation.
------
It should be pointed out Morales testified she consented and he did nothing to impersonate her boyfriend. If that's what the jury found to be credible then whether she is married or not is irrelevant.

Last edited:

Iris

rainbow 11!
I saw this earlier on the news and I can't fucking believe some people. Like, keep it in your goddamn pants or stick it in someone who is willing. That poor girl. I hope she is able to receive the help she needs and that the guys end up in jail. We all know what would happen to them there.

Also,what about the people who refuse to testify despite knowing the football players were guilty? They are just as fucked up as the players themselves.