• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Hackers don't want 'The Interview' released.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've been hearing on the news today that The Interview will be in theaters Christmas day.

For some reason NK is experiencing a internet outage. They think it might be a DOS attack.

North Korea’s Internet down again, say US experts

EDIT: It will be in about 200 independent theaters. The big ones still won't show it.

Last edited:

Rapier

V.I.P.
Hollywood and the MSM have been imprinting the public forever. When imprinting is done there is an agenda. Shame on you peeps for thinking this wasn't contrived/instigated/anticipated from start to finish by Sony and their good old boy network.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
So your saying they hacked themselves and lost millions of dollars because of their agenda and it had nothing to do with NK.

Stego

Registered Member
You all might find this group and their actions interesting; essentially, they smuggle media into North Korea: http://www.wired.com/2015/03/north-korea/

I'm not a member of the tin-foil-hat club, so I don't take easy to conspiracy, but I think in matters of international calamity it is good to keep one's wits. With hacking, I'm open to reasonable suggestions. I'm just a simple schmuck with basic penetration testing experience, but I know enough to know how to cover tracks and make it look like someone else hit you. You can't really "hack hackers." That would imply they have servers or PCs up and running long enough to exploit. That's not a smart hacker.

The whole thing intrigues me. Don't take too much at face value, but do stay grounded.

The movie, though, was truly one of the least funny and most poorly written films I've ever watched. They had an opportunity to make a funny and smart film commenting on an current and historical atrocities--using comedy as a coping mechanism. They bombed it.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
If they told the truth about him, and showed it, you would have to be 18 to see it. Cannibalism, gulags, executing someone point blank with a anti aircraft gun. It would be a horror story not a comedy.

I liked The Interview, wasn't the best comedy I've ever seen but it was far from the worst.

Rapier

V.I.P.
So your saying they hacked themselves and lost millions of dollars because of their agenda and it had nothing to do with NK.
You must have missed the oft rerun episode where the owner leaves a door unlocked while he's getting raffled off at the well publicized charity affair. The one with the twist that he doesn't get time for insurance fraud or much of anything.