• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Hackers don't want 'The Interview' released.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
A group that claimed to be responsible for the massive computer hack at Sony Pictures Entertainment demanded that the company cancel the release of The Interview, a comedy that depicts an assassination plot against North Korea’s leader.

Hacker group saying it attacked Sony pushes for Seth Rogen comedy not to be released
I can't believe anyone could get so upset over a movie, a work of fiction. Really need to learn the difference between fact and fiction and stop whining.

I hope Sony releases this movie. They've gotten so much free publicity everyone is going to want to see it. I want to see it, sounds funny.

Will you see this movie if its released?

Thoughts?

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
The irony is, in their effort to suppress this movie, they've given it the biggest marketing push ever! You can't buy publicity like this. Everyone is going to want to watch it just to see what all the hubub is about... And I'll probably be one of them, even though it's not really my type of movie. (Case in point).

- Cham

P.S. Where's Anonymous when you really need them? Hack the hackers. They're attacking freedom of speech.

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yea, anonymous needs to get in there, hack these morons and let us know who they are. If they are good enough to do so. Which maybe they can't these people because they will end up getting exposed themselves.

Honestly who in their right mind takes a film so seriously. Not everyone feels the need to kiss Jong un's butt.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Cowards behind a computer screen make me laugh. I can't believe how effeminate men in our society have become, I know people are going to take offense to that, but whatever, I find it conduct unbecoming of a man to hide behind a computer.

That being said, I can understand to some extent. I wouldn't be happy about a film depicting an assassination attempt of Barack Obama, or any other American president for that matter.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
This is so silly. I might be biased though since I already think its bad enough that people rant online and talk about how certain actors need to die just because they dont prefer that specific actors acting style.

Going to this extreme for a movie they haven't even seen yet is pretty crazy. Who judges a movie based on previews?

dDave

V.I.P.
Cowards behind a computer screen make me laugh. I can't believe how effeminate men in our society have become, I know people are going to take offense to that, but whatever, I find it conduct unbecoming of a man to hide behind a computer.

That being said, I can understand to some extent. I wouldn't be happy about a film depicting an assassination attempt of Barack Obama, or any other American president for that matter.
Do you mean a sitting president? I think a film about the assassination of Lincoln, Garfield, or Kennedy might be a little different.

Obviously, fictional presidents are also a different story.

This is so silly. I might be biased though since I already think its bad enough that people rant online and talk about how certain actors need to die just because they dont prefer that specific actors acting style.

Going to this extreme for a movie they haven't even seen yet is pretty crazy. Who judges a movie based on previews?
I think you'd be surprised at how many people think their assumptions made on very little information are 100% fact.

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Yes, because those events did happen. Lincoln was a great movie (even with the historical inaccuracies) and the end with his assisination did happen. A movie about some ISIS members killing Obama would piss me off, and would be in really bad taste. If course fictional presidents is different.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
The Interview is a comedy (although of a style that I don't feel merits the term). If someone made a movie about a couple of bafoons trying to assassinate Obama, I don't think anyone would really care. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd want to star in it. But over there KJU considers himself pharaoh, so tolerating Western mocking would make him appear weak (in his mind), so he gets his team of cyber-minions to try and do something about it. The little twit doesn't realize that his actions are counter-productive to his goals. Among regular people, pretty much universally, humility is a highly respected trait among those in power. If Kimmie were to show a sense of humor about it, he would be more likable both here and in NK.

- Cham

Last edited: