• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Habs trade Sergei Kostitsyn to Preds

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Canadiens deal Kostitsyn to Predators
Associated Press

MONTREAL -- Sergei Kostitsyn's tumultuous stint with the Montreal Canadiens ended when the forward was traded to the Nashville Predators. The Canadiens are getting forward Dustin Boyd, goalie Dan Ellis and future considerations from Nashville in the trade announced Tuesday. The Predators are also receiving future considerations from Montreal.
Kostitsyn, who had seven goals and 11 assists in 47 regular-season games last season, refused to accept a demotion to AHL Hamilton at the start of the season, requested a trade and eventually joined the Bulldogs. He later walked out on them. Kostitsyn was recalled in November but never really found his stride, eventually being told by coach Jacques Martin to sit out a practice during the playoffs. He played in only five games during Montreal's run to the Eastern Conference finals and just one after the first round.
Thoughts on this deal Bosh and BR??

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Should be an excellent trade for Mtl if they sign both of them. Boyd will fill the void Moore will be leaving via free agency and Ellis should be a steller back up for Price.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I paid a lot of attention to Sergei while he was with the London Knights, then he made the Habs team and I was extremely excited.

But after watching him during the last few years and saw his attitude towards his teammates and his work ethic in practice I got tired really fast.

The potential is still there, and I won't be surprised if he pulls a Guillaume Latendresse and have an amazing season with the Predators next year, but he needed to leave the Habs.

Ellis as proven himself in the past, should be interesting to see how he'll play in Montreal. The starting job is Price as of right now, there's a reason why they traded Halak.

Not sure if Boyd will make the team, but if does he'll be a fourth line at best.

I was shocked that we got this in return for Sergei.

buddahsmoka1

This is a great deal IMO. Sergei is talented, but his head is not where its needs to be for him to succeed. It was pretty obvious that he was going to get moved, and he doesn't have much value. Boyd is a good player, I watched a bit of him in Calgary, and he is a good two way player with some offensive upside. Boyd will make the team, and it gives Montreal a good bottom 6 player that can step up and push Pouliot and Andrei if they falter. He also fits in with the direction of the team, that of good fast two way players, I think he is a great fit.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Boyd will replace Moore in my opinion. I wasn't a fan at all of the Moore trade, since I never liked him while he was with Toronto and such, but I loved him in Montreal. Anyway, Boyd will not get a lot of minutes but when he gets ice time he'll do what the coaches ask him to do and that's back checking and play hard.

Like I said, I will miss Sergei but he didn't fit in this team anymore.