• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Habs embracing social media.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
So for tonight's "SOLD OUT" scrimmage Red vs White game, the Canadiens twitter was posting goals on Vine. When asked if the Habs are going to vine all goals this season the response was yes. There's a reason why the Habs are in the top three teams for social media (Facebook/Twitter followers)

Oh... and just for an example, this friggin' beauty by a beauty tonight: https://twitter.com/CanadiensMTL/status ... 9557387264

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I don't follow many team accounts, but the Montreal Canadiens Twitter feed is one of the most interactive I've came across. They chat with followers on a daily basis, came up with "predict the first goal idea", and they didn't lose a beat during the off season. Couldn't be happier to follow these guys.

goingtopshelf

Registered Member
NHL teams with the best social media by far are the Kings, the Blue Jackets and the Lightning. All do it slightly different but they all do it well. In fact the LAK and CBJ accounts will talk to each other during season making side bets it's quite the bromance.

The Lightning are very social media savvy with Caity Kauffman as the director. The have Twitter, Instagram and I believe Vine and Pinterest accounts as well. I rarely follow team accounts other than my own teams but these all do a great job.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
goingtopshelf said:
NHL teams with the best social media by far are the Kings, the Blue Jackets and the Lightning. All do it slightly different but they all do it well. In fact the LAK and CBJ accounts will talk to each other during season making side bets it's quite the bromance.

The Lightning are very social media savvy with Caity Kauffman as the director. The have Twitter, Instagram and I believe Vine and Pinterest accounts as well. I rarely follow team accounts other than my own teams but these all do a great job.
...so you missed the Habs and Kings betting on lunch? You missed the Habs sending the Kings pizza during the playoffs? The Habs and Red Wings are always chatting back and forth. The Habs twitter also had some fun at CLB's expense last year ;)

Yeah, those kind of interactions are fun to follow on Twitter. It's nice to see that despite the competition in the league, teams still find way to entertain us with the collaboration of other NHL teams.

goingtopshelf

Registered Member
I mentioned a few teams up above that have good social media. The Dallas Stars Twitter account is a great follow as well. Great humor, not afraid to joke about themselves either.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rontzeeez Hockey 5
Rontzeeez Hockey 2
Rontzeeez Hockey 9
Rontzeeez Hockey 2
Crypticshock Hockey 4