Habs acquire Mathieu Schneider

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is a good pickup based off experience alone. Schneider is the kind of guy you want on your team.

Mathieu Schneider was traded to the Montreal Canadiens, with a conditional pick, on Monday for a second round draft pick in the 2009 draft and a third round selection in 2010.

Schneider played for Montreal from 1989-1995. The former Atlanta Thrashers' rearguard had 15 points and a minus-10 rating in 44 games this season. He should see power-play time in Montreal and provides their defense corps with some experience.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Very Very Solid pickup. The habs arent gonna have crap in the draft considering how well they are doing this season. A conditional 2nd is a friggin bargain for a seasoned player like Schneider. One of those situations where the rich get richer... if they make 1 more solid move like this you may as well just take the cup to Montreal this season and leave it there ;)

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Very happy about this pick up, the Canadiens needed a good puck moving defenceman, and he should help in that department. I dont expect him to score many points, but he'll get the job done on defence.

With that being said, hopefully that's not their last move.