H1N1, Will You Get a Flu Shot?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Mirage, Oct 8, 2009.

?

Will You Get a Flu Shot in Response to H1N1?

1. Yes, already got it.

8.3%
  2. Yes, planning on getting it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, not going to get it.

91.7%
  1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

With the H1N1 virus going around, there is a lot of pressure to get some sort of flu shot ASAP. As far as I know, this vaccine is something that's going to be made readily available in many parts of the world in the very near future.

Will you get the shot or have you already gotten it? Why or why not?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009

2. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

The Army gives me some number of shots, and it has sometimes included flu shots. I may have already gotten it, if not, there's a good chance I'll get it in the near future.

If the Army wasn't providing it, I wouldn't bother.

3. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I don't get normal flu shots, why would I get this one?

4. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

nah the last time I got a flu shot in the first place I ended up sick. And that was like 7 years ago. So yeah... No more flu shots for me.

5. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

I will not get it and neither will my kids. Even if the school requires it, we will abstain.

Mirage likes this.
  6. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

As far as I know I'm healthy and have been for the past 2 years (thank you Marine Corps shots and regular doctor's vaccinations), so I think I'll pass on getting the vaccination this year. eventually people who are healthy enough do build an immunity once they catch it. really only deadly to babies and the elderly like any other virus that suddenly strikes.

~Shwa

7. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Same as me, only when the army makes me get it, I'm not really fussed about it. Got to love the army lol.

8. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I avoid getting shots of any kind like the plague. I've never had a flu shot in my life, so I don't see any reason to start now. I think i'll take my chances.

9. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Nope.

If technology has taught me anything about life, it's to never trust the "first edition" of anything. Not to mention, I've had the flu and I made it through that. I've got a tough immune system so I'm not worried.

10. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Nope. The one and only time I had a flu shot, it made me just as sick as if I hadn't gotten the flu...so no thank you.