• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

H1B visas, Microsoft and the Iowa caucus.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Microsoft Corp. will be providing the technology to count the votes of Iowa caucus-goers, according to a new report.

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT)’s campaign is raising concerns about the corporation’s potential conflict of interest in tallying the votes.

------------------------

Microsoft’s reliance upon imported foreign labor comes at a time of large-scale layoffs for the corporation. In 2014, Microsoft announced its plans to lay off 18,000 workers at the same time the company was lobbying to increase the H-1B program, prompting strong condemnation from U.S. Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL), a top opponent of Marco Rubio’s H-1B expansion plan.

In 2007, Bill Gates even testified before Congress and called for an unlimited number skilled foreign workers—particularly in engineering—to be admitted into the country. “My basic view is that the country should welcome as many of those people as we can get,” Gates declared. “Even though it may not be realistic, I don’t think there should be any limit.”

However, according to U.S. census data there are more than 11 million Americans with degrees in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) who lack employment in these fields. In fact, U.S. schools are graduating two times more students with STEM degrees than are annually finding employment in these fields.
One of Marco Rubio's Biggest Financial Backers to Tally Iowa Caucuses - Breitbart

This is a loaded article, why let Microsoft tally the votes for one thing since they back certain candidates that happen to be for issuing more H-1B visas. Also how can anyone justify issuing more H-1B visas if there are plenty of Americans that can do the job and many of these Americans are being fired after training visa holders.

Thoughts?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Maybe they also got the vote count wrong.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hilander Politics & Law 1
ILuvChuzzles31 Jobs & Careers 36