Gym question

Nosferatu_Alucard

Undead Intellectual
I normally don't go to gyms. So I was wondering. How many days should one go to the gym a week; max? Is everyday good? Or everyother day for a day of rest?

Vegito728

Registered Member
Well some go everday. I'd say go 4 days maybe 5 and that would be good enough. If your just starting out I'd say go every other day.

Nosferatu_Alucard

Undead Intellectual
Well yeah, I used to go to the gym didn't no how to do anything so I quit. Then I did a strength training program a few times and I learned a lot. Now I wanted to go back to the gym and use what I learned to work out on my own.

I was just wondering if it was bad for my body to work out everyday. Should it be allowed a day of rest in between?

Vegito728

Registered Member
No, it isn't bad for your body. But your young so if I were you I'd go every other day and let your body rest. You don't want to strain anything.

Shwa

Gay As Fuck
V.I.P.
Well yeah, I used to go to the gym didn't no how to do anything so I quit. Then I did a strength training program a few times and I learned a lot. Now I wanted to go back to the gym and use what I learned to work out on my own.

I was just wondering if it was bad for my body to work out everyday. Should it be allowed a day of rest in between?
Yes, if you're returning to the gym life dont start going every day. You need to relax your uscles after working out, normally by sleeping or eating healthy and taking a break. If your returning to the gym, I would say go at least 3 times during week paying attention to different parts of your body you want to work on. With that in plan, you wont be sore in the same spots every day, but you dont want to forget about them completely.

Take it easy in the beginning, then once you're use to the workout try advancing by going more often and doing more.

~Shwa'

Nosferatu_Alucard

Undead Intellectual
No, it isn't bad for your body. But your young so if I were you I'd go every other day and let your body rest. You don't want to strain anything.
Yeah good idea. When I was doing this other thing, it was three days a week. They gave us plenty of rest.

Corona

Registered Member
Stop thinking of it as a "body". See yourself more as muscle groups. I try to go to the gym as much as I can, which might be everyday, it doesn't matter if you go everyday, as long as you give each muscle proper time to heal. Do not work a muscle when it is sore. If you plan your workouts wisely, you can go everyday.

P.S- Buy protein. $40 for a months worth @ GNC.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Nosferatu,

Go to the gym 3-4 days a week. When you get comfortable switch it up to 6 days a week and do different muscle groups on different days. Allowing 48 hrs rest for muscle groups.

For example Mon and Thurs do one groupl
Tues and Fri
Wed and Sat
Sunday rest.

Ive been lifting for about...man its been 2 and half years now...

Also dont buy protein...its a waste of money unless you want to get huge and your committed.

Even then the difference is negligible...you can get just as much protein drinking a couple glasses of milk after a workout...

I stopped taking protein for about...7 months havent noticed a difference one way or the other and I have still gotten big (my biceps most notably)

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
3 times a week. 3+ hours in one day.

if urt a starter..dont buy protein..like more muscle builds because you have to build them urself.

ThaVeileLadie

Registered Member

do you know what your basmal metabolic rate is?
or how much lean and fat tissue u have?
finding out this information can help you find out how mcuh you should work out and what type of exercise is best for you
if you really like going to the gym and working out you should ask a nutritionist
there is a guy who comes out the the schools in minnesota once a yr and runs a test
i have done it twice now
it tells me how much lean over fat tissue i have in my body, how much weight i should lose at a given period, how many times a week and how many hours a day, and what exercise is best for me
its a pretty cool test cause all u have to do and put some pulse detector things on your body for like 5 seconds and then it prints off a slip from the computer that tells you what i pretty much said