• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Guys Who Beat Up Their Wives Should Mess With Someone Their Own Size

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
A guy having respect for women is, in part, what makes a man a man.

Many men treat women well. However, some men decide to physically assault and beat up their wife/girlfriend.

Most guys are bigger and physically stronger than their wife or girlfriend.

So with that said, why don't these men who abuse their wife/girlfriend mess with someone their own physical size and strength?!

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Probably won't pick on someone their own size because they are afraid to and would get their butt beat. Most often men who beat their wives are wusses with mental problems.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Wives, husbands, whatever. It's only people with issues. Every problem has a logical solution so they either quit trying to find one or they're addicted to violence. So maybe they just don't get how awesome life can be without violence or can't see how little they are. Look in a mirror and all they should see is a loser. They;ll never get really happy until they can see a winner and winners aren't bullies.

Impaired

Registered Member
Why don't bullies pick on the strong? They fight back.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
It should be noted that most men with mental illness don't beat up their wives/girlfriends.

Impaired

Registered Member
It should be noted that most men with mental illness don't beat up their wives/girlfriends.
I would say the opposite. You have to be mentally ill to beat up on the weak.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
Impaired, it's true that guys who beat up women have mental problems. But at the same time, lots of men with mental illness don't beat up women and respect them. Many men with mental illness are nice people.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
My husband use to work with a guy that was being abused by his wife. I felt sorry for him. Sometimes men are the victims.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Abusers target those weaker than themselves specifically because they want to compensate for feelings of weakness and/or lack of control over their personal circumstances. They want to feel powerful and getting their asses handed to them by someone who is their physical match isn't going to accomplish that so they target women and/or children. Many abusers are smart enough to know that if they can break their intended targets spirit first, they will be able to convince them that they are unworthy of anyone better and they can control that person psychologically as well as physically. Abusers are mentally ill, which does not excuse their behavior. Most often abusers were at some point in their lives abused, which is what in most cases caused them to feel emasculated and weak. Male abuse victims often turn their hurt outward, finding ways to lash out, whereas female abuse victims most often turn their hurt inward, leading to such behaviors as self harm and dangerous lifestyle choices (including finding other abusive men to get involved with). This perpetuates the cycle of abuse.

While it might seem that what abusers need is a taste of their own medicine, beating the crap out of an abuser would only serve to make them feel more weak and emasculated which would drive them to seek to compensate for these feelings more desperately. What abusers really need is an exceptionally good shrink. Abuse victims need to understand that they are not at fault nor deserving of what is happening to them. That their life and well being is as precious as anyone else's and that they need to do whatever it takes to reclaim their dignity and self-worth and act in their own best interest. Abusers don't change without years of intense therapy, it just doesn't happen, regardless of how much they profess their love or claim to have turned over a new leaf. Abusers gradually escalate when they get what they want, and the abuse becomes worse and more frequent until eventually it becomes life threatening. Love is the highest form of respect, so if someone isn't respecting you, they damned sure don't love you.

Last edited: