• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Guy shot who said he had a bomb

Gamechamp

Registered Member
A man on an airplane yelled that he had a bomb. He ran away from air marshals, and they shot him. It turns out, he was bipolar, and hadn't taken his medication. His wife had been running after him screaming that pretty much the entire time. He was killed.

Wrecked

Registered Member
you're missing some part out but yeah that's the gist of it.

they warned him numberous times and told him to go sit back down etc, then the man proceeded to keep saying stuff like he had a bomb etc. the man started to reach in his bag and the air marshal shot him.

i think the air marshal did the right thing. if it were really a bomb then he would have saved the plane and everyone on it.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Yeah, this happened a few days ago. I agree with Wrecked, the air marshals did the right thing by shooting the guy. They probably didn't need to kill him though. Do they really need to get the FBI involved and everything? On the news they were talking about how the investigation was going to take a long time. What is there to investigate? The guy said he had a bomb. He didn't. Now he's dead. End of story. Let this be a lesson to everyone to not say bomb on an airplane.

Wrecked

Registered Member
Buckeye101 said:
What is there to investigate? The guy said he had a bomb. He didn't. Now he's dead. End of story. Let this be a lesson to everyone to not say bomb on an airplane.
exactly, let that be an example to all of those that threat the safety of America.

and yes, they didn't need to kill him... but actually now that i think about it, he could have had a switch anywhere on his body if he actually did have a bomb. so if they just wonded him he could have still perhaps denoted a bomb.

and getting the FBI involved is a little over the top and is wasting tax payers dollars.

dk_rare

Registered Member
Everyone is a bit jumpy right now. Was this during the amber alert of the beige alert? I think people will be a little less jumpy the day the president lowers it to baby blue alert.

Here is a question though, why do air marshals need to cary firearms on an aircraft anyway, why not piercing knockout rounds or summat?

Gamechamp

Registered Member
The knockout rounds probably wouldn't work fast enough. They know they'll be knocked out, so they just detonate the bomb right then and there.

yooperchick

Registered Member
I've heard some complaints that they guy who was shot was mentally ill, and they should have listened to the wife and not shot him.

Umm... it's pretty darn easy for two people to 'act' and I am glad our marshalls shot him. It is tragic that he died, yes. But, it makes me feel better knowing that if he had a bomb, it wouldn't have went off because of the marshalls on the plane.

ltk9492

Registered Member
in politically correct terms, the air marshall was correct. The wife running after could've been a setup. When you are being looked at by cops, and actions that could be taken as resistance or danger gives cops/ officials the right to stop you, ut there have to be like different rules for different situations.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
I would comment about this and probably be inclined to say "they shouldn't have used deadly force" or something, but in order to judge the situation fairly, I'd have to know a lot more about the physical layout of the situation and all those little details. Small things can make a huge difference. I'm generally a fan of tackling the body and shooting limbs first before going for a kill shot like some people do.

Wrecked

Registered Member
00vega said:
I'm generally a fan of tackling the body and shooting limbs first before going for a kill shot like some people do.
you have to keep in mind that they could have had a switch anywhere on their body. it doesn't take that much pressure/strength to push a button. and in the act of tackling someone, the tackler might hit the switch as well.

the air marshall was put in a "fight or flight" type of situation. and like i said earlier, he did the right thing. take one life to save them all.