Guns N Roses - chinese democracy

Ryuk

Registered Member
I think Street Of Dreams (originally called The Blues) will be the big hit. I first heard it eight years ago off the Rock N Rio boot and thought it was incredible. I think they're going to start pushing Better soon also, presuming they just went with Shackler's Revenge for a while since they debuted it on Rock Band 2.

Turbo

Registered Member
Better is being pushed here in NY radio. Street of Dreams is a solid track but I think the others could do it too. My personal favorite is Madagascar.

Ryuk

Registered Member
I'm in NY too (well actually Stamford, CT now but still), guess the only problem is I don't listen to the radio too often so I have no clue what's getting pushed right now.

Turbo

Registered Member
cool. i actually won my copy from 92.3 krock. just started throwing the radio on during the day again recently since there ain't nothing on tv lately. they've been playing Better lately and WWE is using the title track for their pay-per-view on sunday.

Ryuk

Registered Member
Well that's cool, outside of the WWE using Chinese Democracy for Armageddon and Shacklers Revenge on Rock Band 2 I really have no idea how they're pushing this album. If it's getting radio play or if there are music videos out, I'd have no clue.

I openly admit that I bought the album just because I'm such an oldschool GNR fan and as a kid they were one of if not the only relevant band to me and most of my friends.

But a free Dr. Pepper helps too :p

Turbo

Registered Member
i was buying the album had i not won it. i heard recently that GNR lawyers are going at it with Dr. Pepper because no one who bought it has gotten a free one yet as promised.

Ryuk

Registered Member
That's news. As per Dr. Peppers initial statement, if GNR released Chinese Democracy this year they'd give everyone in the US a free Dr. Pepper, there was never any stipulation that someone had to buy the album to get the free Dr. Pepper.

Like it wasn't hard enough to get through on the site that day as is. Sounds like incessant whining to me.

All in all, it was worth waiting fourteen years for this album.
Really? I myself have listened to some of the album and found it to be quite mediocre.

"Better" is a good track to their credit but "Chinese Democracy", the title track, isn't as good.

I guess for people who have been waiting for the album are Gun and Roses fans and would have been satisfied with anything the band would have released after such a long time.

Blink-182 was going to name one of their albums "Chinese Democracy" as a slap in the face for the band some years ago but they never did it, it was just rumour... official rumour though... well, thats what I heard from someone.

I re-iterate however, quite mediocre. :tired:

Turbo

Registered Member
it couldve been a bad album. fourteen years leaves a lot of time to screw it up. everyone is looking for another appetite album which will never happen. this album isn't awesome but its far from mediocre.

"Chinese Democracy" is the Guns and Roses we all came to know all those years ago on some tracks... meaning it has that Guns and Roses sound of yesteryear.

It is still mediocre mainly because of the timing of the release along with "Death Magnetic" and "Black Ice". The timing makes "Chinese Democracy" quite bland with these other albums I just mentioned.

I am not saying the album is terrible though and over fifteen million views on their myspace page must prove something.