• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Gunner's Recent Push

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
So for those that don't watch Impact Wrestling, Gunner has been getting some prominence on the show lately (member of Immortal, former tag team partner of Murphy...they were "TNA security" before that, and many of us on GF weren't happy with them at first).

It started with a clean win against Sting after using his F5 while Stinger was champ. He also had an in-ring confrontation with Mr. Anderson on the first Impact Wrestling after his title win. That night, he pinned Mr. Anderson. Gunner is also in the 12-man Bound For Glory Series, a point-system that will determine the number one contender for TNA's World Heavyweight Championship at their feature PPV for the year.

What are your thoughts of TNA pushing this former Television Champion? Does he deserve it?

I'm torn...I think there are a lot more members of the roster that deserve his spot, and that if they're going to use him he needs more time to develop. On the other hand, he's been around for a while and this isn't the first time a rookie has gotten this kind of mini-push (I'm thinking of the fact that Chris Masters and Carlito were both in an Elimination Chamber title match less than a year after their debuts, I think). He's improved in the ring and isn't the worst wrestler I've ever seen. TNA is about giving the lesser named guys opportunities, but I'm just not sure about Gunner. My two cents, anyway.