Gunman at large after shooting at Wesleyan University

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Mirage, May 7, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Did you guys hear about this? A gunman killed a Jewish student at a bookstore in Wesleyan University in Connecticut. He is apparently targeting Jews and is still at large.

Police: Gunman in Deadly Wesleyan Shooting Threatened Victim, Is Targeting Jews - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Wesleyan shooting suspect threatened Jewish students - CNN.com

If you live around that area then you might want to keep this in mind, as the guy has not yet been caught. Never know what he will do next.

Last edited: May 7, 2009

2. n3wt

n3wt Registered Member

This is horrible new's I really hope he gets aprehended before he takes another inoccent life.

3. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Wait... aren't colleges gun free zones?

Hmm... he must not have read the sign. Here's hoping they get him, or he runs across the wrong person... :)

4. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Ah, nothing like anti-Semitism to make me hate humanity a little more.

5. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

I don't understand why they think he's targeting Jews. I haven't read the article, but I heard this same thing on the news earlier. They said that that chick was a Jew, but I don't think killing one person is necessarily targeting an entire religion.

And from the pictures that I've seen of the guy, he looks like a Jew.

6. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

Hiei: Here's your answer

Oh and Pro don't think I'm not going to let that get by

College campuses are gun free: the surrounding area isn't.

ysabel and Bananas like this.
  7. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

Thanks, Sui. I actually read the article after I posted that and read the same thing. Then I tried to post and my internet went screwy for a second. But I was going to say.

8. Ryuk

Ryuk Registered Member

I have a cousin in her sophomore year there. About the time I found out about everything she was home safe with a good number of friends, thank you god. Regardless it's just more upsetting and unsettling news in a week that's just been a mess for me on so many levels.

It both saddens and scares the hell out of me that there are people out there who are so sick and twisted.

9. n3wt

n3wt Registered Member

Im glad your cousin is safe and well :yes:

I hope this idiot gets caught soon!

10. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Forgive me but has this guy been captured yet?