• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PlayStation 2 Gun

Rayzn

Registered Member
This game surprised me. I thought it would be just like Red Dead Revolver. This game couldn't be any better. The story line was good but maybe a little too short. Finished it in only 2 days. The combat was fun and never got too old. I loved the quick draw when you use your sights on your 6 shooter and everything is slowed down. They have a lot of side quests to do. It is like a waterdowned GTA in it's own way. I would certainly rent this game.

ltk9492

Registered Member
wow this is a good game. Im contemplating asking my bro for it for christmas, or buying it my self for PC. I played read dead, no offense, it sucked from my POV. This game is so much better. Also, have you guys tried Total Overdose? It is a great game.

Rayzn

Registered Member
No but I heard Total Overdose didn't live up to it's hype but I'll check it out.

I'm replaying through the game again for 100% completion.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
I think I'll rent it sometime soon.

dk_rare

Registered Member
Did anything get cut from the game, I was following it a while back and it was really quite gritty, but they were worried that the game would be cut by the censors

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I played it, borrowed it from work. I finished the entire story no problem, and went 96% on the entire game with about 1100 kills. I had all but 8 of the golds, and bought out all of the shops.

dk_rare

Registered Member
I picked up this game a few days ago, haven't had a chance to play it as yet (peoples warnings of it being short have made me want to draw it out for as long as possible, lol). A good western game is desperately needed in my opinion, I would love to see more in the future. The whole Wild West genre seems to come in and out of fashion like Pimms No 1, sadly.

dk_rare

Registered Member
Holy mother good lord gravy. Finally decided to play Gun yesterday, at about 2pm. Played it, enjoyed it A LOT, best gaming experience for a long time, but I finished it 100 percent within 14 hours (we stayed up until 4 am with Gun, that is how much we enjoyed it). And some of those 14 hours were spent picking up tea, watching an episode of Simpsons and Futurama and driving my PS2 to my mates place to play it on his massive tv. And we restarted our progress twice, first time the ps2 crashed and we had neglected to save it (about the first hour of gameplay is my guess, crashed just before Empire) and second time because we couldn't remember if we restarted it on easy or normal mode (made it to just before setting off with Jenny to Empire). So I would say that the game can be finished 100 percent within 10 hours on normal mode.

But this game is bloody brilliant, it is unrelenting with it's violence and language/humor
(ie blowing peoples heads off, shooting off chunks of peoples faces, Jenny's bent neck being slashed in front of an unflinching camera angle, shotgun in the mouth of The Preacher and that charming song one of the citazens of Empire sings when you break out of the prison at night)
. I cannot recommend this game enough!

A few tips for anyone that has not played it yet, but plans to. Take it SLOW! If you don't actually want it to end in 8 hours, play it with friends that you fool around with and have fun with, rather than solidly playing the game. Think about playing it on hard mode to make it last a little longer. Try and do at least two side quests between main missions, the main missions will be over before you even know it, there is no rush to get through them. So take your time, do lots of side quests and stuff. The hunting quests might seem hard, but just keep at them, it will be so much more rewarding when you do figure out how to do it ;)