Gun sales have boomed since Obama was elected

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by pro2A, Nov 15, 2008.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

This kind of puts a lie to the myth that American's are anti-gun. If they we're there would not be a surge in gun sales. Obama is anti-gun and people know this. They are buying now before it's too late.

I know at least in Pennsylvania gun sales have risen 2,000% since this time last year... and it has little to do with hunting season considering most guns being sold are handguns and "assault rifles".

YouTube - With Obama's Win, Gun Sales Go Way Up
    YouTube - Gun sales up in Connecticut - Bob Wilson reports
    YouTube - Gun Sales Up

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/07/us/07guns.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
    Gun sales up since election - Los Angeles Times
    Obama's record on firearms triggers run on sales in state - The Denver Post
    Gun sales up following Obama's election : News : WEYI NBC25
    Gun owners worry about Obama win - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Time to buy stock in gun companies. I know earlier this week Smith & Wesson went up a nice 25% in one day. Now that's the way to make some money if you ask me.

3. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

People have been misinformed. There will be no sweeping federal gun ban under Obama. Contrary to popular belief, he has no magical powers, nor the political will, nor the clout to put one into effect. It just sucks that I have to wait so long for the "I told you so" moment.

What the logic is behind the run on gun stores, I have no idea - if people are snapping up non-hunting firearms for self-protection, I would have to ask why they would have felt secure without them before the election, considering especially that this mythical future ban would presumably make guns harder to get for criminals as well as for the average citizen (as it was after the 1994 assault weapons ban went into effect).

And, of course, the saddest side to this story: more children dying in gun-related accidents, more suicides, more stolen guns being put out on the streets, more drive-by shootings and fatal crimes of passion. These things are inevitable when a rise in purchases occurs, and it's terribly, terribly tragic.

The problem with Americans isn't that we're anti-gun at all; we're clearly not and everyone on Earth knows it. The problem with Americans is that we're ignorant to the facts on a litany of major issues and woefully prone to being misled.

By the way, Pro, the Donald Trump quote in your sig is from early 2000, ironically when Trump himself was considering going into government. The remarks appeared in The Advocate, the nation's leading gay publication, in response to a question regarding whether or not he would have gay people in a Trump administration. His reply, in context: "Sexual orientation would be meaningless. I'm looking for brains and experience. If the best person for the job happens to be gay, I would certainly appoint them. One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government. I'd want to change that."

Just thought you and the other GFers might want to know the truth about what Trump said, when he said it, and why. I don't want anyone to get the mistaken impression that The Donald was knocking Obama rather than affirming the rights of homosexuals, which is what he was actually doing when he made the comments those eight or nine years ago.

4. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Generally Obama's gun policies will probably make it more difficult to purchase firearms- most gun control laws tend to go that way.

So seems like a time to stock up.

Sim likes this.
  5. Stab-o-Matic5000

Stab-o-Matic5000 Cutting Edge in Murder

And people say that Obama's policies won't help the economy at all. :D

Sim likes this.
  6. Gavik

Gavik Registered Member

This was a 'myth' to begin with? Havn't heard it before. But how many of those "stocking up" on guns are gun owners to being with? I would think they would be more inclined to go out and buy than your average person.

Sim likes this.
  7. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Not really. There are a lot of first time buyers. If you read the articles you would have known that :)

Charleston Daily Mail - West Virginia News and Sports - News - Gun sales surge after Obama presidential victory 

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

At least the gun sellers now have something positive to say about Obama's election. "We upped our sales, thanks to Obama!" :lol:

9. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

Tucker likes this.
  10. ssvs04

ssvs04 Registered Member

Our new communist leader Obama is going to make his first acts to take our rights away as gun owners either from high ammo taxes and the next steps will be to appoint his liberal judges who have no respect for our rights. And then trying to pass bills through.

My father and I have married couples who are coming to us asking for us to help them pick home defense pistols that have never even touched a gun. So my gut feeling is people see the writing on the wall and are taking steps.

As the one person said why buy a gun when you know he is going to take it anyways. Well that battle is not lost yet. And if it comes down to a outright ban I think it will be civil war of some kind for the country. But I will bury mine in the ground before he gets mine.