• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

guitarists help me!

guitarguy14

Registered Member
Hi guys, ive played guitar for about 3 years now.. and ive been noticing this.
my pinky is a bit.. small despite me having big hands for a 15 y.o.
im having trouble playing with my pinky, if anyone can give me any excerises to help that thatd be awesome! thanks'
and btw please put the excerises in TAB form, i have yet to get a teacher to help me learn real notes, ive been learning alot by myself but im getting help soon.

Sophiestar55

I play guitar too and I had the same problem. Try strumming and playing some random tabs just with your pinkie. After that try playing normally. I do that once in a while which really helps me. Or try and just play with your other 4 fingers.

OpenWebLayer

Registered Member
Maybe try to look for a guitar with a narrow neck (the strings are closer to each other). I have the one, and I really see the difference while playing regular guitars.